The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah I'm applying too. You're the only other person I've found discussing it for this year... Have you found any more info about the test, what the average entrance mark is? It has to be more than the 35 they publicise as a 'pass mark' I just tried the exam today and got 70,
Reply 2
Original post by Adygus
Yeah I'm applying too. You're the only other person I've found discussing it for this year... Have you found any more info about the test, what the average entrance mark is? It has to be more than the 35 they publicise as a 'pass mark' I just tried the exam today and got 70,

Hey, I also saw the same thing. 35 is the pass mark.
Are you part of the EU? they have separate rankings, 1 for EU and the other for Non-EU.
Reply 3
Yep, British. I know about 600 take the test or so, heard that from somewhere...but only half are genuine contenders as loads of people apply who have rubbish a levels and often perform equally poor on the test. Have you tried the mock test yet? It would be great to have a comparison
Reply 4
Yeah I am, there seems to be hardly anyone at all discussing appying to it. Have you found info on what the actual entrance mark is, got to be above 35!
Reply 5
Some great information to give you guys some indication of what scores you need to get in, how many people applied and where they all came from. read through and scroll down to see the relative PDF for EU and Non EU applicants....though it shows about 50+ people turn down positions! and you might still get an offer as late as October!
http://www.unicatt.it/medicine-surgery-results-of-the-written-test
this facebook page will is also good to join, though everyone is speaking in Italian, their all talking about the English exam paper
https://www.facebook.com/groups/686267191448410/?notif_t=group_r2j_approved
(edited 9 years ago)
Hello, I have also applied to Cattolica for the med program.

Has anyone heard back from them, regarding the results of the admission test?
Reply 7
hi got an offer from Cattolica for medicine joining this october. any body from uk joing as well?
Reply 8
Original post by ukedu
hi got an offer from Cattolica for medicine joining this october. any body from uk joing as well?

hi, i am currently applying for the 2016 intake..if you dont mind could you tell me the score you got for your admissions test so i can get a general idea of what i need and also what revision material did you use ?
Reply 9
Hey,

So I got a score on 73.00 and that got me in through the first "second calling" but I chose not to go there. Although it's extremely competitive to get in through the first call in results, so long as you are in the top 150 (roughly 65) i'm pretty sure its essentially guaranteed entry for you, you just have to wait for it to go down the list, and even beyond I imagine there is a high chance, but you might not get the acceptance till as late as October! For Cattolica I used solely the database of 3000 questions they send out...you can ask them for this via email I imagine. My advice is study it intensely, i.e. don't stop studying the 'shapes' algebra part or the fulcrum 'seesaw' questions until you understand the maths and are able to answer them in WELL under a minute. Also in the general knowledge part there are questions like who invented baroque architecture, or which of the following is the odd one out (and sometimes it's a case of 4 are german philosophers and 1 is a german composer!!) these are things you, like most people taking the test wont know, but you are super lucky in so much as you get sent the whole database of questions in advance, so you and everyone else serious about getting in have no excuse. what i did was go through each of those questions, and to each one I didn't know, I looked it up, and committed that snipped of general knowledge to memory with flash cards (it was Lorenzo Bernini who invented Baroque architecture I still remember, and a Rhea is a type of S. American bird haha, useless!) and since the test is negatively marked, you just have to know it, because if you do, it's easy marks those ones. Also nearer the time, I imagine now actually, there will be a group on facebook full of italians sharing problems they have with specific questions and you all just work them out as a team.
Thank you very much, this was really helpful.
Reply 11
Have you been able to find answer keys for the 3000 questions ?
I emailed them and they emailed me back saying that the preparation material is on the university's website ..this is the link they gave me http://www.ucscinternational.it/undergraduate-programs/medicine-and-surgery . Though there was no mention of 3000 questions...but i think that the 3000 questions are within the question simulator thing on the website.
Reply 13
Original post by TanTanya
I emailed them and they emailed me back saying that the preparation material is on the university's website ..this is the link they gave me http://www.ucscinternational.it/undergraduate-programs/medicine-and-surgery . Though there was no mention of 3000 questions...but i think that the 3000 questions are within the question simulator thing on the website.

thank you :smile:
Hey im having difficulties wiht my apllication..can i ask what you put as youre degree /qualification under the academic section..im assuming that youre currently in year 13 too..please help ?
Original post by Adygus
Hey,

So I got a score on 73.00 and that got me in through the first "second calling" but I chose not to go there. Although it's extremely competitive to get in through the first call in results, so long as you are in the top 150 (roughly 65) i'm pretty sure its essentially guaranteed entry for you, you just have to wait for it to go down the list, and even beyond I imagine there is a high chance, but you might not get the acceptance till as late as October! For Cattolica I used solely the database of 3000 questions they send out...you can ask them for this via email I imagine. My advice is study it intensely, i.e. don't stop studying the 'shapes' algebra part or the fulcrum 'seesaw' questions until you understand the maths and are able to answer them in WELL under a minute. Also in the general knowledge part there are questions like who invented baroque architecture, or which of the following is the odd one out (and sometimes it's a case of 4 are german philosophers and 1 is a german composer!!) these are things you, like most people taking the test wont know, but you are super lucky in so much as you get sent the whole database of questions in advance, so you and everyone else serious about getting in have no excuse. what i did was go through each of those questions, and to each one I didn't know, I looked it up, and committed that snipped of general knowledge to memory with flash cards (it was Lorenzo Bernini who invented Baroque architecture I still remember, and a Rhea is a type of S. American bird haha, useless!) and since the test is negatively marked, you just have to know it, because if you do, it's easy marks those ones. Also nearer the time, I imagine now actually, there will be a group on facebook full of italians sharing problems they have with specific questions and you all just work them out as a team.

Hey, did you get through the whole database and in the test do they repeat any of the questions from the database?
Reply 16
Original post by TanTanya
Hey, did you get through the whole database and in the test do they repeat any of the questions from the database?

I got through about 70% I'd say....and yeah, all questions come from it, except the passage reading ones
Original post by Adygus
I got through about 70% I'd say....and yeah, all questions come from it, except the passage reading ones

oh alright thank you. and also on the day of the test were you allowed to have a calculator and like paper for working out?
Reply 18
So the test was yesterday, how did it go ?
I though the reading passages were too much :frown:
How many question did you guys go through ?
i didn't answer all the questions but i thought the majority of the paper was ok

Latest

Trending

Trending