The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Is Edinburgh expensive to live in?

My family doesn't have much money to support me and I'll have to fund most of my university education.
So is Edinburgh expensive to live in and how much would you recommend saving to go here?
thanks 😊
Reply 1
Not going to lie, for obvious reasons Edinburgh can be an expensive city to live in. I'm finding that my second year accommodation is more expensive than those in another city but it's doable. Other expenses like food shopping just take planning and shopping later at night or in more than one shop can reduce the amount you spend!

The main thing i'd suggest is doing your research because the uni offers a lot of different kinds of bursaries and funding which you should definitely take advantage of. That's basically what i'm doing.

good luck!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by eilidh96
Not going to lie, for obvious reasons Edinburgh can be an expensive city to live in. I'm finding that my second year accommodation is more expensive than those in another city but it's doable. Other expenses like food shopping just take planning and shopping later at night or in more than one shop can reduce the amount you spend!

The main thing i'd suggest is doing your research because the uni offers a lot of different kinds of bursaries and funding which you should definitely take advantage of. That's basically what i'm doing.

good luck!

Thanks, yeah I'll have to look into bursaries and such soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending