Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Poll on North Korea Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you heard of Hoeryong?
    Yes I have heard of it and know what it is.
    37.50%
    Yes I have heard of it but I don't know what it is.
    6.25%
    No I have never heard of it nor know what it is.
    56.25%

ReputationRep:
    Hi, please can you answer this poll, it would really help for some research I am carrying out. Many thanks- Poppy

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: Sorry, my mistake. I misread name of the poll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flibber)
    One would have to be quite ignorant to not have heard about North Korea, let alone not knowing any facts about it (even if it's from the films 'Team America: World Police' or 'The Interview').

Yes I understand this, however the poll is on the North Korean death camp Hoeryong. I wanted to see how many people had heard of it- not how many people had heard of North Korea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poppyevamay)
    Yes I understand this, however the poll is on the North Korean death camp Hoeryong. I wanted to see how many people had heard of it- not how many people had heard of North Korea.
    Sorry for misreading the name of the poll. As a South Korean, I have still heard of the names of the North Korean concentration camps including Hoeryong. Their names ought to be as well known to the public as the names Auschwitz, Treblinka, Bergen-Belsen, Dachau, Ravensbruck, Drancy etc.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for misreading the name of the poll. As a South Korean, I have still heard of the names of the North Korean concentration camps including Hoeryong. Their names ought to be as well known to the public as the names Auschwitz, Treblinka, Bergen-Belsen, Dachau, Ravensbruck, Drancy etc.

I am writing an article for school about this exact view point! I'm so glad someone agrees

ReputationRep:
    I am writing an article for school about this exact view point! I'm so glad someone agrees
    You may want to read the UN human rights report on North Korea. It's hundreds of pages long but it's an interesting read.

ReputationRep:
    You may want to read the UN human rights report on North Korea. It's hundreds of pages long but it's an interesting read.
    Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help!
    You're welcome

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.