Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've received a conditional from Leeds and an unconditional from Birmingham. I really loved both unis, but loved Leeds that tiny bit more- I need three a's to get in there, which I got at as level, and aab for Birmingham. Did anyone accept an unconditional and then regret it? And have either got a better/worst reputation or course?

ReputationRep:
    If you are confident in your ability to get 3 As, go with your instinct on which you prefer. Consider which city you would prefer in the long run and have a look at 3rd year modules as they often vary between unis

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Both are excellent and there's nothing to choose between them. Go and have a look and see which you prefer and do not be swayed by an unconditional offer into going somewhere you don't like. It's a marketing ploy on the part of the university, and it's not designed to help you more than them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiley_reptiley)
    I've received a conditional from Leeds and an unconditional from Birmingham. I really loved both unis, but loved Leeds that tiny bit more- I need three a's to get in there, which I got at as level, and aab for Birmingham. Did anyone accept an unconditional and then regret it? And have either got a better/worst reputation or course?
    which graduates get paid more after graduate from each uni? leeds/bham
    '' '' opportunities to go into lucrative careers/ what's the employment like after 6 months? just some of the questions you should ask yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdvds)
    which graduates get paid more after graduate from each uni? leeds/bham
    '' '' opportunities to go into lucrative careers/ what's the employment like after 6 months? just some of the questions you should ask yourself
    I just checked unistats, overall it seems to suggest that Leeds students tend to have a higher average salary after six months and are generally more successful- Leeds students average salary is £18,000, while for Bham it's £15,000. They seem roughly around the same place in terms of course satisfaction, although slightly moreso Leeds than Birmingham. Likewise with the sudents union. I think I'm mainly considering now going to Bham out of fear that I won't get the grades for Leeds, and I want to play it safe, and I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiley_reptiley)
    I just checked unistats, overall it seems to suggest that Leeds students tend to have a higher average salary after six months and are generally more successful- Leeds students average salary is £18,000, while for Bham it's £15,000. They seem roughly around the same place in terms of course satisfaction, although slightly moreso Leeds than Birmingham. Likewise with the sudents union. I think I'm mainly considering now going to Bham out of fear that I won't get the grades for Leeds, and I want to play it safe, and I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.
    check which uni.com

whatuni.com
    and if leeds has more salary then bham Go and stop stressing enjoy ur limited life span

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.