Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm 18 in 2 months, I live away from any of my family so have no one over 18 to do a contract for me in their name. I decided to try with Vodafone, they've accepted my order but I'm still waiting for the credit check thing to come back, I'm aware I might fail it, but I was just wondering if anyone could go wrong (fraud etc). The money isn't an issue I'm earning over £1000 a month, oh and another thing I'm not on the electoral roll so will that affect anything?

Im fully aware what I've done isn't the best thing to do so don't go telling me that, I already know that I just want some advice, thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    You won't pass. You need to be 18+ for a contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harpoon)
    You won't pass. You need to be 18+ for a contract.
    Well I passed the credit check, so clearly not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boxxy97)
    Well I passed the credit check, so clearly not!
    You shouldn't have. Just to make you aware, this is technically fraud as you're not eligible for a mobile phone contract below 18. I doubt the contract will pass and if it does, it might mess up your credit score.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.