Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR has always given me good feedback, so here's a chilled/ trip hop song I wrote. watch

ReputationRep:
    So the past few months I've been working on a chilled/trip hop inspired track and I'd really appreciate any feedback as I put a fair amount of time into it and am pleased with how it turned out. Thankyou!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzrRJbiia8M
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Just Declan)
    So the past few months I've been working on a chilled/trip hop inspired track and I'd really appreciate any feedback as I put a fair amount of time into it and am pleased with how it turned out. Thankyou!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzrRJbiia8M
    Hey there,

Just listened to it. I really like it so well done on all the effort you've put in, one thing I would say however is that there's too many gaps between every time the girl sings, d'you know what I mean? The musical interlude is a bit long. But maybe that's just the style of the song? Definitely made me feel relaxed though, kudos!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Hey there,

Just listened to it. I really like it so well done on all the effort you've put in, one thing I would say however is that there's too many gaps between every time the girl sings, d'you know what I mean? The musical interlude is a bit long. But maybe that's just the style of the song? Definitely made me feel relaxed though, kudos!
    aw cheers man glad you like it, i did mean it to be fairly instrumental based but i can see how the gaps could seem long, might try and find more stuff to keep the instrumental sections interesting :P
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    aw cheers man glad you like it, i did mean it to be fairly instrumental based but i can see how the gaps could seem long, might try and find more stuff to keep the instrumental sections interesting :P
    Ah OK then, don't fuss over it 'too' much. That's just me being picky
    So is it for a project or you've just done it for fun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Ah OK then, don't fuss over it 'too' much. That's just me being picky
    So is it for a project or you've just done it for fun?
    it was coursework for my music technology a level but i liked how it turned out so thought id put it online :P

I enjoyed listening to this. I really liked the voice of the vocalist, I think she's a very competent singer. I thought the instrumental sections were (for the most part) really appealing, and sounded rather tranquil. I didn't really like how the guitar sounded in the instrumental, but I loved the sounds from the keyboard/synthesiser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)
    I enjoyed listening to this. I really liked the voice of the vocalist, I think she's a very competent singer. I thought the instrumental sections were (for the most part) really appealing, and sounded rather tranquil. I didn't really like how the guitar sounded in the instrumental, but I loved the sounds from the keyboard/synthesiser.
    aw im glad you enjoyed it, anything particular about the guitar you didn't like?

aw im glad you enjoyed it, anything particular about the guitar you didn't like?
    I just didn't think the sound of the guitar blended well with the soft, jazzy tones of the keyboard. It sounded a bit too heavy, and I think I liked the more chilled tones a lot more. I loved 0:53 to 1:24, though, that was definitely my favourite part of the track.

ReputationRep:
    it was coursework for my music technology a level but i liked how it turned out so thought id put it online :P
    This sounds so ****ing official, how did you do it? The digital, instrumental and vocal?! Gimme the deetz! (details )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocahontas lol)
    This sounds so ****ing official, how did you do it? The digital, instrumental and vocal?! Gimme the deetz! (details )
    Haha aww yayy thanks, and a lot of the instrumentation was done on midi keyboards in logic, electric guitar was recorded through line input and used one of my schools nice mics to record vocals, learnt a fair bit about production in my music tech a level but I'm glad it sounds all proper :P

ReputationRep:
    I just didn't think the sound of the guitar blended well with the soft, jazzy tones of the keyboard. It sounded a bit too heavy, and I think I liked the more chilled tones a lot more. I loved 0:53 to 1:24, though, that was definitely my favourite part of the track.
    ah ok, dyou think a different sound on the electric guitar could suit better? upped the level of the guitar 5 minutes before exporting the final mix and starting to regret it haha

ReputationRep:
    bump

ah ok, dyou think a different sound on the electric guitar could suit better? upped the level of the guitar 5 minutes before exporting the final mix and starting to regret it haha
    Yes, perhaps. I'm not well-learned on such matters, however, so I would most likely be at a loss to recommend anything.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, perhaps. I'm not well-learned on such matters, however, so I would most likely be at a loss to recommend anything.
    ah ok I'll take it into consideration with my next release, thanks for giving it a listen :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.