Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else hate being a violent man?
    If you are one how do you control your temper?
    How do you stop yourself from harming people.
    For me when im good im good but when im having a bad day i can honestly say im a danger to society.
    When im having a bad day I actually look for trouble and its like i get a thrill from harming people.(mostly men)
    Help a guy out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewduncan)
    For me when im good im good but when im having a bad day i can honestly say im a danger to society.
    When im having a bad day I actually look for trouble and its like i get a thrill from harming people.(mostly men)
    Help a guy out.
    Count to 5 before doing anything on a bad day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Help a guy out.
    i used to be the same, i joined boxing club, now whenever i'm angry/having a bad day and feel like punching someone i just take it out on the boxing bags

ReputationRep:
    Mostly men but sometimes women? Is that implied? I have to say that you don't come across as the nicest of people, when you post over the months that I've observed. I wonder what made you that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gen. AIDEED)
    i used to be the same, i joined boxing club, now whenever i'm angry/having a bad day and feel like punching someone i just take it out on the boxing bags
    funny thing my old man just recommended this to me.
    Do you ever get urges to get violent outside the ring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realunited)
    Count to 5 before doing anything on a bad day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wish it was that simple

ReputationRep:
    Woo sa bro woo sa

Failing that, perhaps you could see a therapist? They'll be able to offer you professional advice on the issue.

I'd give you the option to PM me but I'm really no good at giving advice on these sorts of things and quite bad at responding to PMs after the first four or five.

ReputationRep:
    Nope.
    My friend has aggression issues. He took up MMA. Not only is more disciplined ..he's pretty badass, in shape and is good at it. Definitely take up boxing or any martial arts :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    Mostly men but sometimes women? Is that implied? I have to say that you don't come across as the nicest of people, when you post over the months that I've observed. I wonder what made you that way.
    What do you mean is that implied?
    And i am a nice person for the most part i just got a bit of a temper

ReputationRep:
    when i spar people in the ring i just get even more angry because i want to kill the guy im sparring, i tend to just stick to bags, i dont get urges out an about anymore, no one really pisses me off that much

ReputationRep:
    Help a guy out.
    Taking up martial arts may give you a bit of discipline and may allow you to control your anger (and also release it in a controlled environment). The arts (acting, music, etc) are also good at helping people with anger issues). Also go and see your GP about the possibility of counselling or anger management.

Be very careful. Don't be afraid to walk away. It doesn't make you less of a man. I hear too many stories of angry men full of testosterone outside clubs getting into fights (usually over a girl). Someone gets killed (when the perpetrator didn't intend to) and then the person who landed the blow is in prison wasting their life whilst someones mum cries over their son's grave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Help a guy out.
    What sort of things do you do when you get violent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gen. AIDEED)
    when i spar people in the ring i just get even more angry because i want to kill the guy im sparring, i tend to just stick to bags, i dont get urges out an about anymore, no one really pisses me off that much
    thanks for the reply.
    yeah i might have to leave the sparring alone lol.
    Definitely gonna find myself a boxing gym hopefully it helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenigma)
    What sort of things do you do when you get violent?
    start fights,mainly with fists sometimes with what ever i can get my hands on,i throw things sometimes as well

ReputationRep:
    start fights,mainly with fists sometimes with what ever i can get my hands on,i throw things sometimes as well
    Just going to agree with others in that case and say boxing.
    What about calming activities such as meditation and yoga?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.