Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied for English and Drama at the University of Exeter and have been asked along to a 2-day drama workshop/interview in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure whether this is purely for the Drama side of the course as my invitation was from the Drama Department, so I don't know whether i'll be asked any questions about English in my interview? Also, what do I wear?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I have my drama interview for exeter coming up very soon, when is yours? Im not sure what to prepare!

ReputationRep:
    Hey i recently went to my interview. Day one: Expect a lot of waiting around for your one to one interview. In this they will ask you questions about your personal statement and pick at it! They will ask why exeter? Why pick drama? They will ask obscure questions like what is the most important thing when devising a play and they will go far into it. If you think you're over prepared youre not. On the other side the workshop is great and really helps you grasp how they teach, although there is somebody watching and judging how you respond. Day two: you will work with third year students in anothrer workshop and then there will be a q&a at the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gallygal)
    Hey i recently went to my interview. Day one: Expect a lot of waiting around for your one to one interview. In this they will ask you questions about your personal statement and pick at it! They will ask why exeter? Why pick drama? They will ask obscure questions like what is the most important thing when devising a play and they will go far into it. If you think you're over prepared youre not. On the other side the workshop is great and really helps you grasp how they teach, although there is somebody watching and judging how you respond. Day two: you will work with third year students in anothrer workshop and then there will be a q&a at the end.
    Thank you so much! Very helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Im still waiting for a reply from Exeter concerning my application to do Drama in 2015, when did you guys receive your offers? Also wondering what grade offers you got if you don't mind me asking as i'm worried mine are going to be very high! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I did my workshop and interview and have been told I won't find out what the verdict is until March . However, it seems likely that your offer will reflect your predicted grades. I'm worried about that too as my predictions are A*AA and therefore, should Exeter choose to offer me a place, it could end up being super high!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I had my interview in November. Awesome day, be sure to go in to the main devising workshop with loads of ideas! They say they normally give out offers 2/3 days after but the central admissions dept. often take a long time. e.g. I had my interview in late Oct/early Nov (can't precisely remember) but got my offer on Dec. 27th!
    So that's fun.
    They say they'll offer you your predicted (E.g. I got an offer of A A A as my predicteds are A*AA)
    Hope everyone's getting on well!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.