Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a two-day drama workshop/interview at Exeter on the 27th-28th January and I applied for English&Drama so i'm not sure if this is purely for the drama side of my course. What do I wear? What should I expect?

ReputationRep:
    My son did something similar for Drama about six years ago. The process might well have changed but I remember him saying there was some group performance work. The reason this sticks in my mind is that two of the girls in his group clashed very strongly about how to tackle their brief and the resulting performance was a mess. Each group had a postgrad student attached to observe what went on, which probably saved my son from rejection though his offer was higher than many others. He doesn't know for sure that both girls were rejected, but neither went to Exeter in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, this is really helpful! So, i'm assuming here that it is of greater importance in the performance task to prove yourself able to work in a team/to have good people skills than to impress with acting ability alone...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahcatherine)
    Thank you, this is really helpful! So, i'm assuming here that it is of greater importance in the performance task to prove yourself able to work in a team/to have good people skills than to impress with acting ability alone...
    I wouldn't go as far as that. Talent is a necessity - if you are a terrible actor then no amount of good people skills will help you. OTOH much of a Drama degree involves working collaboratively with other students so getting into a shouting match with another interviewee is definitely not the way to demonstrate that skill! You will need to make some kind of mark in the group work, assuming there is some, but you don't want to be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.