Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

For the past week or so, I've been either feeling sick so I can't stomach eating much, or I've just had no appetite at all, meaning I haven't been eating much. The feeling starts when I wake up and usually gets better through the day, but I still can't manage to eat much even later in the day. I've already lost weight since starting uni in September and I'm worried that if this continues I'll lose too much.
    I'm not sure what's causing it, whether it's anxiety about coming back to uni after Christmas or exam stress (i don't feel particularly worried about either but maybe my body is), or if it could be a medical problem (the first time this happened was about a month ago after drinking A LOT and i could hardly eat for a few days)
    Occasionally the feeling goes away and i start feeling hungry, usually after I've eaten something in the evening. I just want to be able to eat during the morning and afternoon
    The best way I can eat is by eating small amounts all throughout the day, but this is more difficult since I'm in catered halls.
    Sorry for the long paragraph, but can anyone help?

Maybe it's because of your mindset?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2015
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.