Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    please help, only now gaining my gcse predicted grades to find that I'm predicted 3a* 7 a and 2b .... Does this stop my chance at medicine
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by lauryntaylor)
    please help, only now gaining my gcse predicted grades to find that I'm predicted 3a* 7 a and 2b .... Does this stop my chance at medicine
    Shouldn't do. Besides, it depends those are only predictions. You have time to do better.

Information about the minimum GCSE requirements for medical schools is provided here.

ReputationRep:
    Which year are you in OP?

As keromedic has said, predictions are 'guesses' by the school and their accuracy depends on what they are based on.

ReputationRep:
    you can always do better - but it depends on where you want to apply. it shouldn't hinder much , however...

it is very unlikely you will get into oxford with less than 4A*s at GCSE, especially for medicine , but they are an exception - cambridge place a lot more emphasis on your A levels, as do most other universities

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all! Looking at imperial mostly, but most colleges state strongly that unless you get at least 7a* more than a then medicine is too far fetched for you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thank you all! Looking at imperial mostly, but most colleges state strongly that unless you get at least 7a* more than a then medicine is too far fetched for you
    That's a load of rubbish. People can and do get in with less than 7a*. Gcses are only one factor.

Like people have said, they're only predictions and there is still plenty of time for you to work to achieve them or higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    That's a load of rubbish. People can and do get in with less than 7a*. Gcses are only one factor.

Like people have said, they're only predictions and there is still plenty of time for you to work to achieve them or higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm honest I don't think they'd take you unless you have at least 5A*s it's so competitive. However, you could definitely get into medical biochemistry course. You have to ACE your A levels. The biomed course does the same first year as what you'd learn in med school in your first year. Then if you work hard and ace your first year you can apply for medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its fine, just aim for more a*, the more the better, lower grades (than other people), just make it harder for you to make up for it in say volunteering/work experience etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.