The Student Room Group

CIE Oct/Nov 2014 Exam Results (21/1/15)

Who else is waiting for their grades to come out in 4 days?
I'm waiting for Physics, Chemistry and Further Maths :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by peterith

Yep, English Literature!
Reply 2
Original post by Jess_09
Yep, English Literature!

Nice! I have to get A*AA in any order to get into Imperial :frown:

Are you going to check your results online? Or physically going to your college and finding out?
Reply 4
Original post by wearestardust
Are you going to check your results online? Or physically going to your college and finding out?

I've checked online. A*A*A :smile:
I've checked online. A*A*A :smile:

My country's exams office is a disgrace, we have to wait until the 2nd of February to get our A level results. For today, they've only given out the O level results.

I am hoping for A*A A as from my predicted grades but I really don't now how it is going to turn out. Anyway, well done on the brilliant results.
Reply 6
Got AAAB for my AS grades :smile:
Reply 7
Got 4A*s for A2... Does UCAS send our results for us?
Original post by Nemix207
Got 4A*s for A2... Does UCAS send our results for us?

Update the results section on your ucas profile. And yeah if you appied for this year, your firm choice and your back up receive your results for this year. You should check your ucas profile to know whether you got accepted by your firm choice.
Reply 9
Original post by wearestardust
Update the results section on your ucas profile. And yeah if you appied for this year, your firm choice and your back up receive your results for this year. You should check your ucas profile to know whether you got accepted by your firm choice.

But actually, I haven't received all decisions from the universities I have applied to, so I still don't have a firm and an insurance. Do I have to wait until I replied to my offers for my results to be sent? Thank you for your prompt reply earlier. :smile:
Original post by Nemix207
But actually, I haven't received all decisions from the universities I have applied to, so I still don't have a firm and an insurance. Do I have to wait until I replied to my offers for my results to be sent? Thank you for your prompt reply earlier. :smile:

Ah ok, now I get it. So the universities you have applied to will make you an offer based on your actual results.

Like for most exam boards in the UK, the majority of the exams are held in May/June and those students receive their results in around August time. Hence, the unis to which they have applied to make them a conditional offer around March-April time. The students then have a deadline to choose their firm and their back uni choice (this was the case when I applied to uni before so I don't know if UCAS still does it the same way). Then, when they get their results in August, they will get a place at their firm choice uni if they have achieved the required grades as stated in their conditional offer.

It also depends if you are an international student. I think the unis will probably make you an offer soon. Bear in mind, for competitive courses like medicine, you will most definitely have an interview which you will have to pass to get entrance regardless of how good your grades are.

To be on the safe side, you could phone up UCAS and enquire what to do next or e-mail the admission department of each of the uni that you have applied to and ask them what to do next and when to expect a response.

Quick Reply

Latest