Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi ,

I want to know for AQA GCSE's in Biology, Chemistry and Physics, what revision books are more effective and helpful to get the top grades?

Official AQA ones or CGP revision guides?:confused:

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    We were all advised by school to get the CGP ones, but now our teacher thinks the AQA ones are better so most of us have those. The impression I get is the AQA ones are a little more detailed (so probably a little harder to draw concise notes from) - but I have got on fine so far with CGP. Just as a personal opinion I would go for AQA. That depends, though, because your school might be planning to use CGP in class.

ReputationRep:
    I find the AQA revision guides for IGCSE Biology and Physics are really good and clear. However we do Edexcel Chemistry and CGP has saved my life for that because the books aren't as good. Generally though I think AQA might stick to the syllabus a tiny bit better but both can get you top marks- it depends which you find easier to revise off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pursuedbyabear)
    We were all advised by school to get the CGP ones, but now our teacher thinks the AQA ones are better so most of us have those. The impression I get is the AQA ones are a little more detailed (so probably a little harder to draw concise notes from) - but I have got on fine so far with CGP. Just as a personal opinion I would go for AQA. That depends, though, because your school might be planning to use CGP in class.
    Ahh yeah great thanks a lot. However do you know about the AQA revision guides? If so, do you think the AQA textbooks are better or the AQA revision guides?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umarrd)
    Ahh yeah great thanks a lot. However do you know about the AQA revision guides? If so, do you think the AQA textbooks are better or the AQA revision guides?
    Depends on what purpose you want them for, so the revision guides will be a lot more useful if using just for revision (MUCH easier to make notes out of, if that's how you revise) as the information is condensed. The textbooks practically are bulky to carry around, although obviously hold information in much more depth. At school we use the revision guides much more often than textbooks, if that helps at all, and are easier to flick through when you need a quick answer. If you need anything in more depth there's always Google

Also, if your school have textbooks (even if they're not AQA, we have the Biology, Chemistry and Physics 4U ones) I guess you could always borrow those.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definetly thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.