Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Just had an offer from the university of Leeds for adult nursing September 2015 start, anyone else in the same position? So excited ! Can't believe how far away it is though 😟😟

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Leeds to do Adult Nursing, but haven't heard anything. How long did they take to get back to you?

P.s well done

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! And i had my interview January 9th and heard back the 15th! Was shocked at how fast it was

ReputationRep:
    That was quick when did you send your application form of?

ReputationRep:
    My UCAS was sent off on the 2nd of Dec and I got my interview date on the 18th! Felt like forever, the women at the selection event said they receive about 1300 applications and they only have 170 places approx. so I understand now why it took so long. Just say patient! X

ReputationRep:
    I only sent mine of on the 9th of January & I'm being so impatient! What was the interview like? X

ReputationRep:
    It was more of a selection event as they call it, everyone met at reception then taken upstairs where all your documents are collected etc. then everyone goes into this room where you will be split into two groups. There is a presentation about the course etc then one side of the room goes to do the maths test and the other goes off to do the group tasks. For the maths test I think it was quite hard because I haven't done maths in a long time so I would advice you to revise fractions, decimals etc. For the group part you will be separated again into smaller groups think ours was 4 people to a group there's a PowerPoint with questions on and you have to discuss the questions with your group and one of the tutors will sit on the table and mark you individually. The best advice I would give is to just relax and be yourself, don't speak too much but don't let everyone else speak over you. Listen to what others have to say and it should be okay! I don't think I did very well so was shocked when I got offered a place, hope you hear back from them soon! X

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice yeah the maths test is my fear haha! I hope I hear soon, getting impatient lol. Do you know much about mature students? X

ReputationRep:
    Aw I was! I'm impatient it's just too exciting isn't it, everytime I get an email I jump haha! And well when I went I would there was about 30 of us and most were young, about 7 mature students in total! Only three boys to x

ReputationRep:
    Me too!!!! Im moving in too! Coming from bolton, so scary! Well done for getting a place x

ReputationRep:
    We have a facebook page, join it! University of leeds adult nursing 2015 xx

ReputationRep:
    It says it's a closed page so ive requested to join and i have added you on facebook xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.