Turn on thread page Beta

I want a new mobile phone - advice needed! watch

ReputationRep:
    Im going to buy a mobile phone and as everyone has one except for me your all experts.

I want one that can take photos, and that u can download games to. I like nokias so if I was gonna buy one without advice id just buy the one i liked the look of.

Budget - pref under £200 but if theres quality phones above that i might consider

pay as u go also.

Thanks! websites and suggestions realllyyyyyyyyy apprieciated.

ps i dont like ones that are ugly or too big but weight isnt a problem

ReputationRep:
    Maybe wait to see the new design of the N-Gage?
    Thats going to be good i've heard.

But i don't think thats quite what our looking for.
    Something like a high end nokia really would be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Sharp GX30

ReputationRep:
    Motorola V600 is an excellent buy.

ReputationRep:
    nokia 6600 i think its gone below £200 on pay as you go.
    best phone ever!

ReputationRep:
    heya!
    i am not gunna ramble a bunch of numbers to u cos that's what most people do and it gets confusing about which phone they are tlaking about!
    i think if you are going to pay that much for a phone, you aren't going to get another one for a while so get one that you will be happy with for ages not the 'in thing' cos it will get old and people will be like 'u still have that phone' or whatever.
    ....engage is bloddy massive, it's like a gameboy NOT a phone.
    umm there is a nokia one that is a good size, funny buttons, colour and camera also u can pick what u want your cover to be because it is like seethrough, so your phone comes with this weird paper stuff and u print the pic u want on it and then u like put the paper in the phone and it looks v good!!! so it can be like a picture of your fave band or whatever...
    anyway good luck with what you choose!!!
    love jo

ReputationRep:
    oh also about pay as u go or monthly..think about what u r gunna use and get a good deal! i text loads so my dad managed to get a deal where i get 300 free texts a month just as long as i get a top up of £10 a month...so that's v good! i can actually last with £10 for agesssss cos i don't call much..

sorry i am blabbing lol!
    think about what u will do most, so if u call most maybe get a deal where you can get loadsa minutes free! look out for the offers!

jo

ReputationRep:
    a great phone that fits your build is the LG 7100 its got camara which u can twist u can download games and the best bit is, that its on £99 pay as u go from orange.

http://www.mobileburn.com/gallery.jsp?Page=3&Id=472

ReputationRep:
    thanks all looking in to them all now.

I like the look of the nokia 6600

ReputationRep:
    I have the new nokia 6230, and i think it's great

mp3 is prob the best thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    I have the new nokia 6230, and i think it's great

mp3 is prob the best thing!
    Who told you to get one of them? :rolleyes: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the Nokia 6600 I think all the latest Nokia phones are crap IMO. I did like the look of that clamshell phone (that darkblue one) haven't really looked at the features it offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koldtoast)
    Apart from the Nokia 6600 I think all the latest Nokia phones are crap IMO. I did like the look of that clamshell phone (that darkblue one) haven't really looked at the features it offers.
    Its pants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmarsupial)
    Im going to buy a mobile phone and as everyone has one except for me your all experts.

I want one that can take photos, and that u can download games to. I like nokias so if I was gonna buy one without advice id just buy the one i liked the look of.

Budget - pref under £200 but if theres quality phones above that i might consider

pay as u go also.

Thanks! websites and suggestions realllyyyyyyyyy apprieciated.

ps i dont like ones that are ugly or too big but weight isnt a problem
    For my b-day yesterday, my sister bought me a Samsung T610 phone. It's very nice and can take pictures, plus can store about 60 messages (my old one could only manage 7, so this is a nice feature). It looks pretty sublime as well.

ReputationRep:
    Surely you mean the Sony Ericsson T610? The Samsung one is the E700.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuvverRussia)
    Surely you mean the Sony Ericsson T610? The Samsung one is the E700.
    Eh, probably.

ReputationRep:
    i cant be doing with any of this camera and mp3 nonsense, your paying more without getting the decent quality that you should obtain with dedicated equipment.

i have a Samsung S300, its cute and easy to use. Nokias are for plebs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    i cant be doing with any of this camera and mp3 nonsense, your paying more without getting the decent quality that you should obtain with dedicated equipment.
    Perhaps... but when you have more money than sense, as I do, you can afford to be lavish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Perhaps... but when you have more money than sense, as I do, you can afford to be lavish.
    so you get the pointless camera/mp3/phone as well as dedicated camera and mp3 player?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    so you get the pointless camera/mp3/phone as well as dedicated camera and mp3 player?
    Meh, my sister gave it to me for my birthday. I'm not going to throw it back at her and say "Get me a simpler one!" am I?

It's fun to play with, though. I like it, at least, being a creature of the techinical age that I am. Now, to figure out how to dial...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.