Prospects of getting an A? - AS OCR Chemistry Watch

tcameron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I recently did my mock for F321 Chemistry A and got a grade A (50/60).
I really want an A overall for Chem at the end of AS, but F321 is only 30% of the AS grade.
F322 seems much more difficult than the first paper and is 50% of the AS grade,
with practicals being 20%.
If I get a high A in F321 and a B in F322, can I still get an A overall? I know people who haven't done very well in the practicals but still got an A with high exam marks.
SaadMuhammad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You really need to get high A in Unit 1 and possibly low A in unit 2, at the least, to get an A overall. It is preferable to get higher grades in the units that have higher percentage. I hope that helps.
Molly648
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tcameron)
So I recently did my mock for F321 Chemistry A and got a grade A (50/60).
I really want an A overall for Chem at the end of AS, but F321 is only 30% of the AS grade.
F322 seems much more difficult than the first paper and is 50% of the AS grade,
with practicals being 20%.
If I get a high A in F321 and a B in F322, can I still get an A overall? I know people who haven't done very well in the practicals but still got an A with high exam marks.
With a bit of practice F322 really isn't as bad as you may think, so don't put yourself down for a B already! If you spend time doing the past paper questions you will notice that actually a lot of the same questions are repeated every year! There are a list of definitions on the specification to learn, and these can actually help you secure a lot of marks in the exam. As for drawing any of the organic structures, with practice and reading the questions carefully, it is definitely doable! Green chemistry comes up too, this is basically learning everything of in the specification and then you should be able to answer those questions! If you put the effort in now, you could get an A in F322 and not have to worry about getting a B.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?