Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    6
    ReputationRep:
    Hiya everyone! I've received 3 conditional offers so far and I'm just awaiting the other 2 universities I've applied to to come back to me. The thing is, that I've already made my mind up which University will be my firm favourite and which will be my insurance choice and they are ones I've already received offers for! The two I'm awaiting offers for were just universities I chose just to make the numbers up. Should I therefore remove my application for the two yet to offer me a place and set my main and insurance universities?

    Em x


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    I would wait until the other two come in. If you have your offers that's great! But don't mess around with your application at this stage incase something goes wrong. Good luck!


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    Offline

    21
    ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Wait.

    There is no benefit from picking early - you just lose flexibility. You shouldn't send any decision to UCAS until April at the earliest.
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaVicky32)
    Hiya everyone! I've received 3 conditional offers so far and I'm just awaiting the other 2 universities I've applied to to come back to me. The thing is, that I've already made my mind up which University will be my firm favourite and which will be my insurance choice and they are ones I've already received offers for! The two I'm awaiting offers for were just universities I chose just to make the numbers up. Should I therefore remove my application for the two yet to offer me a place and set my main and insurance universities?

    Em x


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    As PQ says, there is no benefit to picking a firm and insurance offer at this stage. If you can, it would be a good idea to visit your chosen firm/insurance again, just to make sure you are happy with them.

    There's no need to chose a firm until April, so why not wait and see if you do get two more offers?
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    Look at this thread to see the mess you can get in by firming early:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3089813
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    Wait and then when you have all the offers, decide properly. You have once chance and you wouldnt want to change your mind once youve already made a decision :/
 
 
 
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.