Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was passive agressively bullied for 4 years by a girl in my year (no one noticed as we were "friends" for a while so everyone, including me till last year thought that it was just her personality) and I've lost my best friend to her. Although I've changed friendship groups and stayed as far away from her as possible for a couple of months so that things quieten down, she still goes to my school, and is in one of my classes so I see her on a regular basis.
    I now get nervous, even anxious just to see her (even if she doesn't do anything), and slightly on edge when she's near my current friends.
    Is this normal?
    And what shall I do?

ReputationRep:
    How did she "bully" you?

ReputationRep:
    Never experienced being bullied, however sounds like that is completely normal.
    However never look anxious or nervous around a bully. Feeling it is normal but never show weakness.

ReputationRep:
    It is to be expected that you feel like this, she was horrible to you for a period of time so of course you will be anxious around her. I presume you are anxious she will say something about you to your friends that will embarrass you or something along those lines?
    Well you don't need to feel like this, you should never feel scared of a bully, you just have to take on the approach of I am a bigger and better person than her and will not let her upset me or make me anxious anymore. The best advice I can give is to change your mindset, she is not a better person than you, you are both equal. Do not be scared of someone who will probably be more insecure than you. Take a deep breath and pretend she isn't even there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livinandlol)
    I was passive agressively bullied for 4 years by a girl in my year (no one noticed as we were "friends" for a while so everyone, including me till last year thought that it was just her personality) and I've lost my best friend to her. Although I've changed friendship groups and stayed as far away from her as possible for a couple of months so that things quieten down, she still goes to my school, and is in one of my classes so I see her on a regular basis.
    I now get nervous, even anxious just to see her (even if she doesn't do anything), and slightly on edge when she's near my current friends.
    Is this normal?
    And what shall I do?
    I could relate a bit, i have this classmate who I thought was really nice who I guess bullied me. They opened my bag during music class and left it open. They also blamed me for things and when they copy my work and get it wrong, they blame me for giving them the wrong answers.nThey did sorta apologised but it happened on April Fool's, which made me doubt their apology a bit.

I tried to avoid them and asked my teacher to move me but we sit next to each other in one of my other classes so I still have to be close to them for 2 hours. I want to tell my teacher but apparently, since i already asked him to move me closer to the board, I can't ask him to be moved to another seat. I've been feeling jumpy around them and during the class we share, it's making me feel so paranoid that i keep looking at their direction every 5 mins. Although, since I've been sitting next to them for about two weeks now with nothing happening, I feel more relaxed and less jumpy but still....

It's completely normal, don't worry too much about it. I don't really know what to say but maybe wait it out cause as time goes on, you'll be less anxious when this happens.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)
    I could relate a bit, i have this classmate who I thought was really nice who I guess bullied me. They opened my bag during music class and left it open. They also blamed me for things and when they copy my work and get it wrong, they blame me for giving them the wrong answers.nThey did sorta apologised but it happened on April Fool's, which made me doubt their apology a bit.

I tried to avoid them and asked my teacher to move me but we sit next to each other in one of my other classes so I still have to be close to them for 2 hours. I want to tell my teacher but apparently, since i already asked him to move me closer to the board, I can't ask him to be moved to another seat. I've been feeling jumpy around them and during the class we share, it's making me feel so paranoid that i keep looking at their direction every 5 mins. Although, since I've been sitting next to them for about two weeks now with nothing happening, I feel more relaxed and less jumpy but still....

It's completely normal, don't worry too much about it. I don't really know what to say but maybe wait it out cause as time goes on, you'll be less anxious when this happens.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar
    I feel for you. This is exactly what im talking about. Still at least we're not alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    How did she "bully" you?
    After I was traumatised by family issues and was crying to school, she will shout "I don't care" and walk away. This happened twice.

She used my personal information against me and insulting me using my own words but modified.

She spread rumours about me around my friends, and back stabs me both in front of me and when I'm not there.

When we're "friends", she manipulate me and force me to do things I don't want to do, and she never paid back any money. I think she currently owe me over £100.

She ask me extremely personal questions that I never want to answer and she will never fully keep anything secret.

She tried to exclude me from all my friends (and is still doing so to a slightly lesser extent) that I'd stay in isolation.

She swears at me, calls me a b*tch, ew. fat, stupid etc.

She acts innocent around others so when I moan about her, I look like the nasty one. I've now lost one of my closest friends to her.

...and that's a short glimpse of what she does

ReputationRep:
    Sadly there's something very wrong with her that you can't change. She may not realise what she's doing even after she hurts more people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Sadly there's something very wrong with her that you can't change. She may not realise what she's doing even after she hurts more people.
    I truely hope this is the case

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.