Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 14 and my friends have all wished me happy birthday so I guess that's ok, but my mum seems to have it in for me. She's been yelling at me all day (she's always so stressed out especially on Saturdays) but it seems as if she doesn't care about my birthday at all. She's been yelling at me and then my little brother started playing up and she shouted at me saying you need to teach this boy a lesson but then I said well he isn't exactly MY son is he? And she keeps having random bursts and she directs it all at me. My dad can't even be bothered to remember my birth date, he didn't even remember my birthday was this week and he only found out because my sister told him.

My sister just seems to be generally annoying just sitting there not really doing much. She hasn't even said 'happy birthday' yet. She didn't even get me a birthday present and just got a twenty pound note off my mum the night before. (yet she fretted over my cousins birthday present two weeks before her birth date)

My brother is still little so I don't really blame him for not wishing me happy birthday.

It just seems to be going completely wrong. I've saved next week for friends so at least I have something to look forward to but I can't help but feel so alone at the moment. No one would help me make popcorn or watch a film with me so now I'm upstairs alone watching some disney films to help keep my mind off things. I just don't know how to get over this sense of loneliness and unhappiness.

HEY I care, happy birthday to you! Sorry to hear that your family isn't cooperating, sometimes stress can do a lot to a person and tbf after a certain age most parents stop giving birthdays all that much importance because they see it as any other day of the year, for my 18th my whole family had a massive fight, looking back it's amusing. Try not to blame your family too much, it'll only make you feel worse. And if you are going to celebrate with your friends then maybe that'll take your mind off it all, for now maybe try and explain how you feel? and if you see that they still don't pay attention then call a friend or something, might make you feel better.

Hope the situation improves, happy birthday again, smile!

It's your birthday, it's your birthday
    This year you are 14
    Stupid family, stupid family
    They think you are naughty

(So you have to find out what made them angry at you. If you persist that you've "not" done anything wrong, well that may be the problem)

It's just a 'birthday' for gods sake

So what man. It's just a day that marks the anniversary of the moment you came out from your mother's uterus. It means nothing at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw I'm sorry to hear that.
    This probably won't mean much coming from a random weirdo on the internet and all but Happy Birthday :birthday:

I hope you have a more enjoyable one next year.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2015
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.