Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Favourite Harry Potter Film Watch

• View Poll Results: Favourite Harry Potter Film.
    Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001)
    13.04%
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
    21.74%
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
    17.39%
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
    13.04%
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
    17.39%
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
    4.35%
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)
    4.35%
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)
    8.70%

ReputationRep:
    Which 'Harry Potter' film is your favourite? Please vote and say why if there is a particular reason :dance:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know but Ron Weasley didn't have much of an arc. That whole "I love Hermione" thing was just hastily thrown in.

And besides, how is one supposed to suspend disbelief enough to believe that his female friend of over three years will one day end up banging him? Broomsticks, trolls and prophecies, sure, but escaping the friend zone...nah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kung Po Chicken)
    I don't know but Ron Weasley didn't have much of an arc. That whole "I love Hermione" thing was just hastily thrown in.

And besides, how is one supposed to suspend disbelief enough to believe that his female friend of over three years will one day end up banging him? Broomsticks, trolls and prophecies, sure, but escaping the friend zone...nah.
    Haha, fair point that.

ReputationRep:
    Chamber of Secrets easily.

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, hands down. Best movie and book. IMO.

Warning: Possible Spoilers

Because, it had mystery, slight politics, drama and suspense. Sure, the battle wasn't the best thing ever but compared to the battle in the other books, it was amazing. I want to say more but I might spoil it for those who haven't watched or read it yet.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

ReputationRep:
    I like all them (perhaps apart from the Chamber of Secrets...) but The Goblet of Fire was absolutely amazing! Such a great movie!

Probably Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, since it was my favourite out of the books. I hate the Harry Potter film adaptations, though. I think they're awful.

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire.

I would describe that movie as the bridge between the happy and cheerful Harry Potter world (books 1-3) and the gloomy,depressing and more serious Harry Potter world ( books 5-7).

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Alfonso Cuaron's cinematography was brilliant, and this was the only time in the film series where I felt that the adjustments made to the timeline did not greatly affect the end result (They essentially removed the firebolt subplot, I wish they subtly included it, but I guess some sacrifices must be made). In the rest of the films they missed or completely ruined great scenes; nothing annoyed me more than seeing the final confrontation in DH2 *******ised by Yates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Alfonso Cuaron's cinematography was brilliant, and this was the only time in the film series where I felt that the adjustments made to the timeline did not greatly affect the end result (They essentially removed the firebolt subplot, I wish they subtly included it, but I guess some sacrifices must be made). In the rest of the films they missed or completely ruined great scenes; nothing annoyed me more than seeing the final confrontation in DH2 *******ised by Yates.
    That's my favourite film in the series too, due to Alfonso Cuaron & Gary Oldman mostly

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban & Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1) are my faves for sure

Close second would be either Goblet of Fire or Half-Blood Prince

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AHH!!! What a BLASPHEMOUS question!! There IS no best!!

I used to think it was the 3rd. But then I had a HP marathon since the summer where I watched every film (that I so proudly own ), and saw the 5th and 6th for the first time, in full, since like they came out And I mean they all have their own flavor and moods that they give me, enchanting, powerful moods.

The 1st and 2nd are just delightful and amazing :love: And I get most nostalgic watching them.

The 3rd is exciting as it's Alfonso Cuaron who is amazing, and he really did the time traveling thing to a T.

The 4th is dark, I think the darkest because of Cedric's death and Voldemort's resurrection :afraid: But it was GREAT for the Yule Ball and Triwizard Tourny!!!!

The 5th I finally saw again for the first time in years earlier this month. And I am IN LOVE The symphonies, the Dumbledore vs Voldemort, Sirius and Bellatrix, Umbridge...perfect. That might be the best. It's also smack in the middle of the series. It ties up stuff in the beginning and foreshadows the following movies.

The 6th was good, but it was only good because of Draco's role. Poor kid. It also makes Snape's death heartbreaking, because he wasn't a bad guy at all. At all.

The 7th I honestly can't watch, and I just want to watch the 8th because the suspense. But I loved the ending like starting from the Death Eaters chasing the trio through the woods and then to Dobby's death, it was riveting.

The 8th was epic and bittersweet but I was pissed that one of the Saunder's triplets didn't play Harry's son; that would've been cool -,-

Officially,

Harry Potter connoisseur, approving this message and signing out :wizard:

ReputationRep:
    However, Alfie Enoch who plays Dean Thomas, his wiki said that his role in the 8th film was significantly chopped :unimpressed: He now stars with Viola Davis in an American series called How to Get Away with Murder, and he is lookin' foine!

ReputationRep:
    3, 4 and 8 are all great.

The film series peaked at 3 and 4, Oldman and Thewlis sparked it all.

ReputationRep:
    Having always liked Prisoner of Azkaban the most, I recently re-watched the first 4 films and I had forgotten how good Chamber of Secrets is. I think they are tied favs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocahontas lol)
    AHH!!! What a BLASPHEMOUS question!! There IS no best!!

I used to think it was the 3rd. But then I had a HP marathon since the summer where I watched every film (that I so proudly own ), and saw the 5th and 6th for the first time, in full, since like they came out And I mean they all have their own flavor and moods that they give me, enchanting, powerful moods.

The 1st and 2nd are just delightful and amazing :love: And I get most nostalgic watching them.

The 3rd is exciting as it's Alfonso Cuaron who is amazing, and he really did the time traveling thing to a T.

The 4th is dark, I think the darkest because of Cedric's death and Voldemort's resurrection :afraid: But it was GREAT for the Yule Ball and Triwizard Tourny!!!!

The 5th I finally saw again for the first time in years earlier this month. And I am IN LOVE The symphonies, the Dumbledore vs Voldemort, Sirius and Bellatrix, Umbridge...perfect. That might be the best. It's also smack in the middle of the series. It ties up stuff in the beginning and foreshadows the following movies.

The 6th was good, but it was only good because of Draco's role. Poor kid. It also makes Snape's death heartbreaking, because he wasn't a bad guy at all. At all.

The 7th I honestly can't watch, and I just want to watch the 8th because the suspense. But I loved the ending like starting from the Death Eaters chasing the trio through the woods and then to Dobby's death, it was riveting.

The 8th was epic and bittersweet but I was pissed that one of the Saunder's triplets didn't play Harry's son; that would've been cool -,-

Officially,

Harry Potter connoisseur, approving this message and signing out :wizard:
    So... could you not pick a favourite lol? If not, your worst film in the series?
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    The last film is definitely the best in terms of cinematography :yep: . However, I maintain that the 3rd and 4th films are the best in terms of general story and re-watchability
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How ANYBODY can vote for Order of the Phoenix is beyond me.

Personally, the third will always be my favourite. Cuaron and his dark sensibilities were a brilliant contrast from the child-friendly magical era of Columbus.

Am I seriously the only one who loves HP6??? It's Snape for Christ's SNakeeeee

ReputationRep:
    I was discussing this with a friend yesterday.
    I just can't pick a favourite!

I love them all

though Prisoner of Azkaban is fairly close to being the favourite simply because Sirius is introduced first, and Harry found he had SOMEONE he can rely on as family (excluding the Weasleys), simply because Sirius is Harry's God father

though, I do love Goblet of Fire! Voldermorts return and such!

BUT, Chamber of Secrets, is another great one! Simply because I LOVE the way it was set out, the whole chamber in the bathroom, and a basilisk, what's not to love?

However, The Half Blood Prince is also a great one! Snape, he's just awesome!

though Deathly Hallows was just a rollercoaster of feels, they were also great films! though I prefer the books in contrast, but the films are very close to the books

so, therefore, I cannot choose!

sorry to have wasted your time :p:) I just love discussing Harry Potter!

P.S. who do you ship? I do love Hinny and Nuna!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.