Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have recently applied for Primary Education with QTS. I received an email saying "Part of the entry requirements for our BEd (Hons) Primary Education and BEd (Hons) Early Primary courses state that you must have a minimum of two weeks/60 hours recent work experience in a UK mainstream primary school, (not special school) spread over Key Stages 1 and 2. This experience should ideally already be in place at time of submission of application. Some of this experience must have taken place in or after September 2011.
    Your application will not be considered further until this information has been provided in full."
    So far I've only got key stage 1 experience in year 1 and 2 which I started in September. Does it matter a lot if you haven't got experience in key stage 2? I have secured a placement in key stage 2 at my little brothers school. I was just wondering it is necessary to have experience in key stage 1 and 2? (Sorry about long post, just panicking) haha.

ReputationRep:
    They sound picky! What uni is that? I've applied for the same course at a few unis and they've all just said 2 weeks relevant experience in ks1 or ks2! I would say as long as you tell them you have planned a ks2 placement they should be okay with that!
    Good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.