Turn on thread page Beta

did i just get ripped off? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i just went to superdrug to buy cologne for a friend as a birthday present. came back home, decided gave it a little spray but instead of spraying the thing just dribbles down the bottle.

to confirm, i got ripped off right? i didn't take the receipt but i'll still have a word with them tomorrow if i'm not too stoned to walk it down. in the worst case scenario that they don't refund me / replace it, is there any other practical use for the dribbler? maybe i could keep this if i could still use it somehow and buy him a new one

ReputationRep:
    You can buy them empty spray bottles, so you can pour this cologne into that and you can use it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    80% of the reason why i bought this was because of the bottle

ffs. scumbags

ReputationRep:
    the nozzle doesn't even have a hole, rofl

ReputationRep:
    You know that Superdrug doesn't manufacture this item, don't you? They were as unaware of the defect as you were.
    Also, probably a dumb move on your part for not keeping the receipt for this, um, classy present.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoop_frog)
    the nozzle doesn't even have a hole, rofl
    Probably fake then or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If it doesn't work, you can use it whilst ironing your clothes I guess. I have a steam iron that encourages the use of perfumes alongside water in the tank

ReputationRep:
    obviously, but that doesn't mean they should be able to get away with selling faulty products to customers.

i have the right to complain to superdrug, who have the right to complain to the manufacturer - that's how it works
    true

but without a receipt, you have no proof you bought it there besides cctv and good luck getting them to use it against themselves

a part of me feels like high street shops knowingly stopped giving people their receipts with items and asking if people wanted them purely to screw people outta moolah

another part of me feels like that's just paranoia th0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaiju)
    true

but without a receipt, you have no proof you bought it there besides cctv and good luck getting them to use it against themselves

a part of me feels like high street shops knowingly stopped giving people their receipts with items and asking if people wanted them purely to screw people outta moolah

another part of me feels like that's just paranoia th0
    lol we're human beings not machines. at least 2 staff members saw me buy the item, all I have to do is pick them out and they'll confirm that I purchased it. you can argue your way into anything, people are just pussies most of the time

ReputationRep:
    buy another, swap it, then get it refunded

ReputationRep:
    yeah that's actually a nice idea. on the off-chance that they say no i'll just do that and switch the nozzles. noice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scriberg)
    buy another, swap it, then get it refunded
    Ahhh good idea. Buy faulty perfume without receipt. Buy another perfume with receipt. Use receipt to give old perfume back in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHBK)
    Ahhh good idea. Buy faulty perfume without receipt. Buy another perfume with receipt. Use receipt to give old perfume back in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    its genius. we can combine that idea with afghan_warrior's empty bottle suggestion.

buy cologne -> pour most of it into an empty bottle -> pour water into original cologne bottle -> **** with the nozzle so it doesn't work -> return the original (with water inside it instead of the actual liquid) -> PROFIT

it's the reverse rip-off

ReputationRep:
    its genius. we can combine that idea with afghan_warrior's empty bottle suggestion.

buy cologne -> pour most of it into an empty bottle -> pour water into original cologne bottle -> **** with the nozzle so it doesn't work -> return the original (with water inside it instead of the actual liquid) -> PROFIT

it's the reverse rip-off
    We are evil geniuses in the making. :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.