Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from Imperial, but I'm being put off by the self catered accommodation. If I did not want to cook at all, would it be possible to just go to one of the food outlets at lunch/dinner and get food from there or would that be too expensive? If so, I'd be interested to see if there's any alternatives

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbricks)
    I have an offer from Imperial, but I'm being put off by the self catered accommodation. If I did not want to cook at all, would it be possible to just go to one of the food outlets at lunch/dinner and get food from there or would that be too expensive? If so, I'd be interested to see if there's any alternatives
    The prices for food are on the menus on the website:
    http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/eatinganddrinking/dailymenus

I think staff and students may get discount but I'm not sure. But I'd say although they don't seem extortionate it probably isn't a viable long term solution if you want two meals a day though. But it's all up to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The outlets have cheaper prices for students. Some stuff is fair value, like the library cafe. Some places are quite expensive. I would say that catering yourself is cheaper by far but you could possibly survive on uni food

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.