Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Alright so I realllly want to do well and pass out with 4 As and I know i can do it but i have no motivation to do so What do I do? Also, if you have any revision techniques that would be great! BTW I study AS biology chemistry maths and french

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel, I'm at A2 and I'm losing the motivation to revise as well- the motivation I have is that I need to get certain grades to get into Uni, for you maybe it could be to get your As so that you can try to apply to more competitive universities? If it helps you, I'd recommend making a revision schedule so that you know when you need to revise and for how long (I'd recommend either 45 minute sessions).

I currently take Biology and French at A2, so I'll give you my tips for them:
    Bio:
    Make revisions cards on the topics and get friends/family to test you on them
    Do past paper questions, mark and annotate them in areas you need to improve- it's one thing knowing the information but a lot of people seem to struggle with exam technique.
    Remember to draw diagrams for some topics if that helps you to revise better

French:
    Listen to the French news everyday for around 10 minutes- this will help you with your listening skills as you become more used to native French speakers (they will also be speaking a lot more quickly than they will in the exam, if you can begin to understand what they're saying then you're on the right track!). This will also help you with your accent when you speak.
    Do grammar exercises so that you can use a variety of different structures in your essay and remember to go through vocabulary
    Do past paper reading questions when you can so you get used to some of the unfamiliar vocab that they use (and note it down because they might use it again)

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claros)
    i know how you feel, i'm at a2 and i'm losing the motivation to revise as well- the motivation i have is that i need to get certain grades to get into uni, for you maybe it could be to get your as so that you can try to apply to more competitive universities? If it helps you, i'd recommend making a revision schedule so that you know when you need to revise and for how long (i'd recommend either 45 minute sessions).

I currently take biology and french at a2, so i'll give you my tips for them:
    Bio:
    Make revisions cards on the topics and get friends/family to test you on them
    do past paper questions, mark and annotate them in areas you need to improve- it's one thing knowing the information but a lot of people seem to struggle with exam technique.
    Remember to draw diagrams for some topics if that helps you to revise better

french:
    Listen to the french news everyday for around 10 minutes- this will help you with your listening skills as you become more used to native french speakers (they will also be speaking a lot more quickly than they will in the exam, if you can begin to understand what they're saying then you're on the right track!). This will also help you with your accent when you speak.
    Do grammar exercises so that you can use a variety of different structures in your essay and remember to go through vocabulary
    do past paper reading questions when you can so you get used to some of the unfamiliar vocab that they use (and note it down because they might use it again)

hope this helps
    omg thank you so much i really do appreciate it thank you thank you thank you

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.