Peter rocks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am struggling with Maths at GCSE level since i haven't obtained a C grade yet, even though i am trying i don't think i am revising enough and keep making silly mistakes in my exams. Now i know that computer science degrees involve a LOT of Maths, and so i am staying away from those, but i wondered if Information Systems are the same or require less Maths.

I have looked at the following courses.

Business Computing & IT at Aston University
Management with Information Systems at Royal Holloway
Management with Information Systems at Birkbeck
Computing with Management at Leicester University
Business Information Systems at UEA

What do you think?
confusee123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Basic math will be necessary. But mostly you'll learn business skills.. employing IT applications in a business context.
username738914
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Peter rocks)
I am struggling with Maths at GCSE level since i haven't obtained a C grade yet, even though i am trying i don't think i am revising enough and keep making silly mistakes in my exams. Now i know that computer science degrees involve a LOT of Maths, and so i am staying away from those, but i wondered if Information Systems are the same or require less Maths.

What do you think?
Highly doubt it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
KarMa611
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Peter rocks)

What do you think?
Looks like those courses will be your standard Business & Management courses with software packages, networks and databases thrown in, so the advanced maths & theory won't be there.

Bear in mind though that a lot of Business courses have at least some mathematical content in relation to keeping control of accounts and scheduling. Work hard on your GCSE Maths, it's one of the most valuable qualifications you'll have.
Peter rocks
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
[QUOTE=confusee123;54697047]Basic math will be necessary. But mostly you'll learn business skills.. employing IT applications in a business context.[/QUOTE

Yeah that's what I am aiming for. I can't do anything past C grade at GCSE maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads