Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am struggling with Maths at GCSE level since i haven't obtained a C grade yet, even though i am trying i don't think i am revising enough and keep making silly mistakes in my exams. Now i know that computer science degrees involve a LOT of Maths, and so i am staying away from those, but i wondered if Information Systems are the same or require less Maths.

I have looked at the following courses.

Business Computing & IT at Aston University
    Management with Information Systems at Royal Holloway
    Management with Information Systems at Birkbeck
    Computing with Management at Leicester University
    Business Information Systems at UEA

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Basic math will be necessary. But mostly you'll learn business skills.. employing IT applications in a business context.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Peter rocks)
    I am struggling with Maths at GCSE level since i haven't obtained a C grade yet, even though i am trying i don't think i am revising enough and keep making silly mistakes in my exams. Now i know that computer science degrees involve a LOT of Maths, and so i am staying away from those, but i wondered if Information Systems are the same or require less Maths.

What do you think?
    Highly doubt it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter rocks)

What do you think?
    Looks like those courses will be your standard Business & Management courses with software packages, networks and databases thrown in, so the advanced maths & theory won't be there.

Bear in mind though that a lot of Business courses have at least some mathematical content in relation to keeping control of accounts and scheduling. Work hard on your GCSE Maths, it's one of the most valuable qualifications you'll have.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=confusee123;54697047]Basic math will be necessary. But mostly you'll learn business skills.. employing IT applications in a business context.[/QUOTE

Yeah that's what I am aiming for. I can't do anything past C grade at GCSE maths.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.