Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im a very boring person who doesn't really get out too much. Henceforth im not very social...

When people text me, we have general small talk and then its the end of the conversation.

I've tried discussing current affairs but the convo's dead by then.

Please suggest ideas because im starting to look pathetic

ReputationRep:
    Gossip about celebrities

ReputationRep:
    If you got nothing to say, you got nothing to say. Forcing small talk makes it worse. And the the people you're talking to have the same problem.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    What interests you. What I talk about depends who I'm with. For example, I have a friend who worked in the area I live and now volunteers with a charity I've had a lot of help rfom. That comes up in conversation a lot. With another friend, it's football, another it's running, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tamara165)
    Gossip about celebrities
    like who?

ReputationRep:
    This sounds like a chore to you tbh...
    Relax.

ReputationRep:
    im not that great when it comes to improvising

ReputationRep:
    Maybe go out and do more stuff, put yourself out there! Then you'll have more to talk about

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, but don't just label yourself as boring. Start with some interesting news story or sport or some film/tv show. Then relax from there and let the conversation move itself, without feeling like you need to feel every silence

ReputationRep:
    i watch shows like take me out which nobody watches

ReputationRep:
    Take me out? :rolleyes: Then possibly join some clubs or try some activities, you might make some new friends plus gain some interesting stories to talk about

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.