Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i recently took an igcse english language exam and i was not completely satisfied with my performance mostly because as soon as i had left the exam i realized that one of the questions was " what techniques does the writer use to convey happiness in lines 39-88" and in my answer i wrote about a few things inside those lines but most of my answer was related to the lines outside of 39-88 because did not read the question properly. Btw before the exam i had an A* in my course work which was 50% of my overall grade with the exam being 50% aswell. i think i lost a lot of marks because of this. my other answers where okay and i need a B in this exam to get an A overall. so pls help me? are the gcse examiners particularly harsh? someone pls advise me on this matter of mine thank you i would appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    You should be fine. That was just one question and it's not as though you'll get 0 for it. Even if you do go down to a C or a B (which is very unlikely), trust me when I say that no one cares about GCSEs. Once you've got A-levels, they're basically irrelevant. Honestly, don't even worry.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.