Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your message has been read icons. For or against? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm talking about the "seen" function of facebook messages and the blue tick on Whatsapp.

So against.

I tend to automatically assume the worst. So when people read the message and don't reply I start to get paranoid. Then when I see them in person I can't help but feel a bit awkward knowing that they read it and just blanked me.

That's happening right now grrrr. All I did was ask a simple question JUST REPLY!!

ReputationRep:
    Against because I either forget to reply or just cannot be bothered to (aka ignore annoying people).
    I've lost count of the number of times I've had people come up to me or message me again accusing me of ignoring them or "not continuing the conversation" (wtf???), most of the time it's just because I forgot :'(

ReputationRep:
    27.4% of all threads on here are "I texted him/her 3 minutes ago and they still haven't responded i want to die / kill her what should i do" rapidly followed by "Bump".

Adding an 'unread PM' function will increase this to about 43%

ReputationRep:
    I like apps where I can read the whole message in the message notification without actually opening the message so even though I've seen it, the other person doesn't know I've seen it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    I like apps where I can read the whole message in the message notification without actually opening the message so even though I've seen it, the other person doesn't know I've seen it.
    This. I don't always open them first thing to avoid them thinking I'm ignoring as want time to reply properly but then forget to do it.

ReputationRep:
    It depends really, sometimes I actually want the person to know I'm ignoring them. and other times it's not my fault the convo died and I cba to reply :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.