The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University 2015 Accommodation Choices!!

Hey everyone! So I've decided to firm my offer today for Chemistry at Cardiff Uni!! So excited :smile:). Starting my application for accommodation now, thinking of putting Talybont South as my first option. Where's everyone thinking of applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

South all the way! Applied and got a place last year (house 6) but ended up deferring a week before my course started! :-(
I'm Mared (Emlyn Parry) btw :-) Journalism & Communication student! Feel free to add me on facebook, I wanna get to know a few potential 2015 freshers!!! I'm the blonde one if you decide to search me!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
I'm putting Aberdare as my first option, reason being it looks like a quiet place lol. Wanted to go last year but had to defer to this year.
I'm going to be studying biotechnology , so anybody thinking of staying at aberdare hall or from the same course wants to add me on fb ( Habiba Hina ) please do , i am actually bit worried about moving away and such , so it would be nice to know some people beforehand.:jive:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Thinking of putting in my application this weekend. Accepted an offer for biomedical science (neuroscience).
Talybont it my favourite, probably gonna put them top (in the order Court, South, Gate, North, North(medium room)). Gate looks lovely, but its a bit more of a walk than the other. Then I'm also looking at Column hall as I know that it near the biology department. For me, en suite is kind of a must
Reply 4
I really have no idea where to pick, and how do I firm my unconditional offer without seeing the 💲first? I'm in USA so forgive all the questions...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Sorry forgot to mention I'm doing education.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty sure I'm going to firm Cardiff to study maths and thinking about putting Taly gate for my first choice on the accommodation :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Sophia2015
Hey everyone! So I've decided to firm my offer today for Chemistry at Cardiff Uni!! So excited :smile:). Starting my application for accommodation now, thinking of putting Talybont South as my first option. Where's everyone thinking of applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you apply?! I confirmed my offer for them to be my firm choice today... just logged onto the SIMS thing but there is no option to actually book accommodation? It just says I need to accept them as my firm choice before I can do anything... but I already have?!
Why is Talybont so popular?
Reply 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I've just firmed Cardiff for Chemistry too, I put Column Hall down as my first choice for accom. Column Hall is really good for Chem students as it's not very far from the Cathay campus x
Original post by jjdaniels
How do you apply?! I confirmed my offer for them to be my firm choice today... just logged onto the SIMS thing but there is no option to actually book accommodation? It just says I need to accept them as my firm choice before I can do anything... but I already have?!

Give it like another day, the system takes like 12 hours to process it and to update SIMS that you have firmed Cardiff :smile: I got my offer yesterday, firmed it and had the same trouble all last night but checked again this morning and managed to apply!
Reply 11
Have now sent off my accommodation choices!

I have put Senghennydd Hall (I'm going to have to learn to spell that!!) as my first choice as it's close to the city centre and to the Uni itself! (I hope)

I've gone for the evening meals option, does anyone know what kind of meals are typically available and if you can choose or if it's a set menu etc?

I'm studying Education :smile:

Cheers! :smile:
Reply 12
Do you have to firm Cardiff before applying for accommodation ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Nerd44
Do you have to firm Cardiff before applying for accommodation ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Martin6
Yes :smile:

Ok thanks. Anybody know what the ensuite bedrooms are like in tally south ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nerd44
Ok thanks. Anybody know what the ensuite bedrooms are like in tally south ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're alright, pretty standard. Plenty of desk space. The shower is more of a wet room than a proper stall like you get in Taly Court, but they look clean and like they'd do the job alright. Small, but you're never gonna get a spacious bathroom in halls!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have confirmed Cardiff as my first choice for Chemistry too. :smile: I applied to Talybont South, then Court, Gate and lastly North. Apparently South is where it's at! aha
I confirmed Cardiff as my firm choice today for biomedical science and am debating between talybont gate or South as my first choice accommodation. Which one is more social? as that is a big factor for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applied for taly gate as their first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Senghennydd Hall was my top choice however I've just updated it to Gordon Hall as I think I want to take my car with me to Uni now and Gordan Hall has parking spaces!! :P

So many hard decisions to make!

Quick Reply

Latest