Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive noticed that ive had a few spots on my face and i hate the look of them.. ive tried not wearing make up for over a week but didnt help, i always take my make up off properly by washing with hot water plus make up wipes that are friendly to skin but dont know what to do.. someone help?????:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes you get breakouts because your skin is dry. It seems really counterintuitive, but when your skin gets too dry your body overcompensates and you end up with too much oil in your pores. Especially in the winter, make sure that you're moisturising day and night. Also, make sure when your wash your face you're using warm water not hot water. Hot water can tighten your skin and make it drier which then leads to more oil.

If this doesn't work you might want to go out and get an acne cleanser and try that to see if it clears up the spots.

ReputationRep:
    Its not a lot of spots its just a couple here and there but when a spot has been birst or fades away i have a wee scab where spot has been and i always use warm water and also use make up wipes after it to make sure its all off. I never used to be like this. Im going to try get an acne crean today. Whats the best one? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Use apple cider vineager its worked like a miracle for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Quick way to remove pimples is the use involving lemon juice, which is abundant in vitamin C. Lemon juice helps pimples dry faster. Be sure to use fresh lemon juice but not bottled juice, which has salt. There are a couple of solutions to apply this remedy.

• Dip a clean cotton swab throughout fresh lemon juice and rub it to the pimples before sleeping
    • You can also mix one particular tablespoon of lemon juice using one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and don it the pimples overnight. In your morning, wash the skin effectively with lukewarm water. However, this type of remedy is not suitable for the people with sensitive skin.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, do not touch your face at all ever unless you've literally just washed your hands and especially don't pick or burst spots. Turn your pillowcase over after sleeping on it and change it every other day. Use moisturiser. Use non-aggressive oil freer soap or cleanser to wash your face twice a day, morning and night. Cut down on greasy foods.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.