Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my Biology mock coursework next week. This is the title 'observe, identify and draw areas of the mammalian kidney'. Could someone show me a picture of what I should be expecting to see please.

Can any one give me any tips for this? What areas would I need to identify?

ReputationRep:
    They will give you either a picture of a kidney or a microscope image of a nephron. You might have to look at a kidney slide under a microscope. You will be expected to draw a diagram based on this and label it based on what you know from the spec.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    They will give you either a picture of a kidney or a microscope image of a nephron. You might have to look at a kidney slide under a microscope. You will be expected to draw a diagram based on this and label it based on what you know from the spec.
    Thank you for the information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mila1997)
    Thank you for the information.
    You're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mila1997)
    I'm doing my Biology mock coursework next week. This is the title 'observe, identify and draw areas of the mammalian kidney'. Could someone show me a picture of what I should be expecting to see please.

Can any one give me any tips for this? What areas would I need to identify?

Hey I am doing the same course work next week. Is it hard? And any tips?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing mine tomorrow morning.
    All I have revised is the structure and function of the kidneys, just in case any questions arise which ask me to explain any science behind the working.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    You're welcome.
    My teacher gave us no mock or any sort of information and she annouced that its going to be on monday. Im just confused about this one aspect (since my drawing abilities are practically non-existence) do you draw everything you see in the microscope and what power do you magnify into and do you only draw one image of the kidney or two?? Also ehat possible questions can come up??
    Thank you sooo much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desperate4help)
    My teacher gave us no mock or any sort of information and she annouced that its going to be on monday. Im just confused about this one aspect (since my drawing abilities are practically non-existence) do you draw everything you see in the microscope and what power do you magnify into and do you only draw one image of the kidney or two?? Also ehat possible questions can come up??
    Thank you sooo much
    They may ask you to draw a macroscopic, low power microscopic or high power microscopic image or possibly two of these.
    Low power is 40-100x, high power is 400-1000x. You should draw what you can see so outlines of cells and nuclei.

ReputationRep:
    DOES anyone here do A2 CHEM AQA??? if anyone can help me with that ill help them with any ocr bio cw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrinalData)
    DOES anyone here do A2 CHEM AQA??? if anyone can help me with that ill help them with any ocr bio cw
    Yeah I do . Have you done the bio isa on animal behaviour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissC123)
    Yeah I do . Have you done the bio isa on animal behaviour?
    I did the bio ocr maggots practical

ReputationRep:
    I did the bio ocr maggots practical
    Yeah. I have that coming up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissC123)
    Yeah. I have that coming up
    Alright then is it the quantitative or the evaluativ??. Btw this is a very easy practical (I'm not even joking I'm really crap at practicals like E U grade crap and even I managed to get like 8/10 on this practical)

ReputationRep:
    Alright then is it the quantitative or the evaluativ??. Btw this is a very easy practical (I'm not even joking I'm really crap at practicals like E U grade crap and even I managed to get like 8/10 on this practical)
    iv done the quant got the eval soon for the invertebrates isa. I'm kinda worried cus the school hasnt prepared us that well. Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    LOADS!!!!
    Ok so you need to do some research on maggots in terms of their behaviour and how they react to light and why!!!! Then you need to cover the chi-square test because they will ask you to work it out and explain it in terms of the critical value!!! That's the content part!!
    The other questions they will ask is about what type od data you have and why you drew the graph you have so a line graph im assuming. then there is a massive 5 marker towards the end which you will have to explain how you would carry out a similar experiment based on the information they have given you
    hope these attachmentss helps Variables.docx

ReputationRep:
    woodlice.doc

ReputationRep:
    woodlice.doc
    OCR Prac Instructions.docx
    sorry for not sending it in one message I didn't realize that you could until now!!
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx evaluative task.docx (19.5 KB, 7465 views)

ReputationRep:
    This is great!

What graph did you create? (if any)

Also, what was the method you used for this experiment?

M x

ReputationRep:
    Hi notes are great thanks a lot

would be good to know re graphs but thank you

ReputationRep:
    You will get two-line graphs on the same graph paper...I don't really remeber it properly because I did it at the beginning of the academic year.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.