The Student Room Group

Would you prefer to fall asleep alone or amongst other people or with just one person

Lately I've been reluctant to fall asleep because my own thoughts are too loud. I'd love to just fall asleep while amongst a group of friends and listen to their conversations no matter how mundane the topic is.

In fact I'd almost choose this over sleeping next to a significant other, we're both silent and I can't exactly ask them to talk me to sleep.

Does anyone else share the same feeling?
alone.
Sometimes XD..
I normally feel this way when I am paranoid that people are talking about me behind my back.
Reply 3
I prefer sleeping beside just one person. I feel weird when I don't have my bf sleeping beside me which is annoying when he goes to college and no matter how tired I am, I can't sleep until he gets back. My thoughts are loud at night too so as well as cuddling into him, I listen to my favourite TV show on my headphones and that always knocks me out. White noise like a fan helps too with over thinking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
At sleepovers, school trips, camping etc, I can't go to sleep until everyone else around me has fallen asleep.
Which is a pain.
Alone but when my thoughts get too loud I just put in my head phones, if they are just terribly loud and continuos end up thinking myself to sleep.
I usually fall asleep listening to podcasts on my phone using Apple's Podcast app, there's loads and I usually end up learning something new too. I quite like the TED Talk ones.
Id prefer to sleep naked in a room full of beautiful women
I would prefer sleeping with the person who genuinely loves me because I know I'd feel safe and secure at night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
While I do get lonely in bed I hate having company in bed or in my room. Like I can't even sleep with someone I love, I end up fighting for space and he wants to cuddle and I don't I just wanna sleep and his breath annoys me and we end up having a fight and I end up sleeping on the floor in another room and we both end up tired and bitter in the morning.

Trying to fall asleep with a room full of people chatting sounds like a nightmare. Also I'd be paranoid that they'd pull a prank on me if I dared fall asleep because people can be inconsiderate and stupid like that.
I prefer to sleep alone. :smile:
If your thoughts are keeping you awake I highly, highly suggest using an app for rain sounds. Listening to the sound of rain always helps me. I use the Baby Sleep Instant app (Android, not sure if Apple do it but they probably have something similar) which plays the sound for 15 minutes and then turns it off. They do other sounds too.

I prefer falling asleep next to an SO. For me it's completely different to sleeping on my own because I just really hate being on my own. When I'm lying next to a boyfriend I feel a lot more peaceful - I get this sense of safety and security that I don't get when I'm alone. It's like the weight of the world just lifts off my shoulders while I'm in that position.
Reply 12
Absolutely. When I'm with my mates (or even with people I don't know! (e.g. on the bus) and feeling exhausted, I can sleep a lot faster than sleeping alone; I'm not sure of the reasons behind it but I do like the idea that I could sleep without worrying about anything. Lovely feeling really.
My thoughts keep me up a lot of the time but falling asleep around other people doesn't help. I just use a distraction like watching telly, going to the gym at all hours of the night, chatting to my homeboys on twitter etc until I get so tired I get into bed, hit the pillow and crash out. I can function on 4-6 hours sleep daily and don't start work before 12 so it's fine!

Original post by Vixen47
If your thoughts are keeping you awake I highly, highly suggest using an app for rain sounds. Listening to the sound of rain always helps me. I use the Baby Sleep Instant app (Android, not sure if Apple do it but they probably have something similar) which plays the sound for 15 minutes and then turns it off. They do other sounds too..

Not necessary for those of us who live in Manchester ... if I wanna hear rain I'll just open the window! I'm always hearing it. Haha
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Lately I've been reluctant to fall asleep because my own thoughts are too loud. I'd love to just fall asleep while amongst a group of friends and listen to their conversations no matter how mundane the topic is.

In fact I'd almost choose this over sleeping next to a significant other, we're both silent and I can't exactly ask them to talk me to sleep.

Does anyone else share the same feeling?

As in taking a nap?
Original post by Vixen47
If your thoughts are keeping you awake I highly, highly suggest using an app for rain sounds. Listening to the sound of rain always helps me. I use the Baby Sleep Instant app (Android, not sure if Apple do it but they probably have something similar) which plays the sound for 15 minutes and then turns it off. They do other sounds too.

I prefer falling asleep next to an SO. For me it's completely different to sleeping on my own because I just really hate being on my own. When I'm lying next to a boyfriend I feel a lot more peaceful - I get this sense of safety and security that I don't get when I'm alone. It's like the weight of the world just lifts off my shoulders while I'm in that position.

What position? :excited::colone:
i don't like falling asleep around friends because i'm paranoid someone's going to do something to me while i sleep

Quick Reply

Latest