Turn on thread page Beta

Geek Love watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Geek Love by Katherine Dunn - anyone read this? I'm a few chapters in but it's such a strange text, I really like it so far but it is very weird. Hadn't heard of it until recently...so, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    This book is on my to-read list. I've read some really good reviews about it, but also heard it's quite a difficult text to get into. Have you found it engaging so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angury)
    This book is on my to-read list. I've read some really good reviews about it, but also heard it's quite a difficult text to get into. Have you found it engaging so far?
    I just saw your response, and I literally just finished this! Well, I had to read it quite quickly as I have to study it and do a presentation on it later this week. However, often even if I HAVE to read a text I will find ways around it if I'm not interested. I started reading this Saturday morning and finished it just now, it really hooked me. Geek Love is...a strange text but very very touching, I ended up loving it. Its quite a difficult text to get your head around and there are so many complex ideas within it. (I'm dreading having to do this presentation, there's so much and so little I can think of to say about it!) I would definitely recommend it though.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.