Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HI

I want to withdraw from my open university degree, i have completed level 1 and have just started the first module at level 2 which I really dont like. I want to move to a different degree at the foundation degree level as I already have the certificate of higher education, so can I apply for funding for the new course as I have changed my mind. i read somewhere that you can have an extra years funding if you do change your mind.

The next intake for the new course is in April 2015 but obviously i have had a loan for the October 2014 to now. Can I apply for a loan now for the April intake or should I wait for the next intake in the next academic year?
    Thankyou for your help
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hello,

Would the new course be studied full-time? Or would it be part-time?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It would be part time. They are both part time courses
    Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Hello again,

Usually with part-time courses you have up to 16 years to complete the qualification, so you should be able to change course without your previous study affecting the application.

You can start the new course in the April 15 intake but we will need a new 14/15 part time application form from you to do this. If you start the new course in the next academic year we will require a 15/16 application form from you (these aren't available yet).

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou so much for your help.

I have just logged on to my student loan to see if I can apply on there but its greyed out. Do I have to now wait for my withdrawal off the course by the Open Uni, or do I send in a paper one or write in or something?

Sorry for so many questions. lol

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Yes, it'll be greyed out as we already have an active application for this year. The easiest way to reapply would be on the paper version of the from which can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Great thankyou so much for your help. I will print it off and get it sent off.
    I've withdrawn from the ou now and just sent off enrolment with the cipp so I just need my finance in place now.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.