Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a 5' 6" female and I weight about 65kg. I got to karate training twice a week and the gym two or three times a week. I usually eat a small breakfast, skip lunch but eat dinner. How can I lose more weight?

ReputationRep:
    Hello there. You need to realise that exercise isnt the key here, it's your diet. You claim to skip lunch which is very bad for you and having a small breakfast won't do it. In the morning, your metabolism is high therefore you can eat loads of food and your body will burn most of it and this means you need to ensure that you eat properly with average sized proportions rather than restricting your calories. When you restrict your calories, your body goes into starvation mode and this causes your body to hold onto to the fat you have and any food you consume will get converted straight into fat and it would get stored. Enough of the facts, I think you should encourage good carbs from fruits and veg as they are good for you, make sure you stay away from processed foods and I can see that you're very active. I think if you sort your diet out, the weight will shed off along with your fitness routine.
    Do some research girl and DO NOT RESTRICT YOUR CALORIES. CHANGE THE SOURCE OF THE CALORIES

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Try to have more fruits, vegetables and fiber foods. Also, drink more water, because water is the only natural drink on earth with zero in calories, as it helps in eliminating bad toxins and unwanted fat from the body.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.