Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I am stuck between the University of York and the University of Nottingham for computer science.

I prefer Nottingham's course for comp sci and I could see my self living there during the 3 years of my course, however, university of York beats Nottingham both in the course and the uni its self in terms of the league tables.

My question is whether I should pick UoN or UoY. I really want to get a job with a decent salary when I graduate and I feel choosing the correct uni will help me to do so.

Thanks in advance!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was in the same situation as you, but I had to decide between University of Warwick and University of Southampton. Warwick is higher in the league tables whilst So'ton has one of the best departments. It was a difficult decision but you have to choose on YOUR likings. You should visit both places to get an idea of the area and details of the course. Don't go to a university that you don't like. By the sound of it, you really like Nottingham, so if you've thought about it carefully, then choose there! There's nothing worse than living in a place that you don't like for three years! Even though Warwick had 100% employment rate and So'ton had lower, I chose So'ton because I really liked the place and the CompSci department was awesome, so good luck to you and I hope you make the right decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clover126)
    Hey, I was in the same situation as you, but I had to decide between University of Warwick and University of Southampton. Warwick is higher in the league tables whilst So'ton has one of the best departments. It was a difficult decision but you have to choose on YOUR likings. You should visit both places to get an idea of the area and details of the course. Don't go to a university that you don't like. By the sound of it, you really like Nottingham, so if you've thought about it carefully, then choose there! There's nothing worse than living in a place that you don't like for three years! Even though Warwick had 100% employment rate and So'ton had lower, I chose So'ton because I really liked the place and the CompSci department was awesome, so good luck to you and I hope you make the right decision!
    I really appreciate the reply! I think I will go with your advice and choose Nottingham, thanks!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.