Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I recently got an invitation from the University of York for an interview for the Law (M100) course. I'm wondering if anyone else has got an interview and what they're doing to prepare? I'm quite nervous about it!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I had that interview back in December and I promise you there's nothing to worry about. I came away from it thinking I'd not said enough but I still got an offer through! The main thing you need to do is show you understand the problem-based learning style they use and demonstrate why you'd be suited for it - e.g. you're an active learner who enjoys teamwork. The later questions are quite creative and hard to prepare for but all the interviewer is looking for is evidence that you can structure and support an argument whilst addressing other arguments against your answer.

Also, one thing I didn't realise was that the interviewer doesn't know anything about your personal statement, so you don't need to worry about being prepared to answer anything about it, which is reassuring!

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jld)
    Hey, I had that interview back in December and I promise you there's nothing to worry about. I came away from it thinking I'd not said enough but I still got an offer through! The main thing you need to do is show you understand the problem-based learning style they use and demonstrate why you'd be suited for it - e.g. you're an active learner who enjoys teamwork. The later questions are quite creative and hard to prepare for but all the interviewer is looking for is evidence that you can structure and support an argument whilst addressing other arguments against your answer.

Also, one thing I didn't realise was that the interviewer doesn't know anything about your personal statement, so you don't need to worry about being prepared to answer anything about it, which is reassuring!

Best of luck!
    Thank you so much!! I think I'll just read up some more on the problem based learning structure and hope for the best. Congratulations on your offer! Is it AAA? York is (hopefully!) going to be my first choice so I'm quite excited to just get in there and talk to the interviewers

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.