The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CrystalMath101
I think you probably do as well coz I just guessed who you might be,coz your name gave it away :tongue: oh yeah I agree too but it's not about the school really it's more the fact that I just can't be bothered to move. Also since I already know the teachers at Townley, if I get a crap teacher I can always go to the other better teachers I know for help. I've gotten an offer at bexley grammar and waiting for Beths' reply but Townley is the option for me so far. What's the better school you got an offer from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

North London Collegiate School - it's really good so I can't wait! But I get why you want to stay. Knowing all the teachers is a great advantage. What A -level subjects are you going to take?
Original post by Mahel
I would attend the interview in case you change your mind in the summer. DGS is currently the 8th best sixth form in the country

The school I'm going to is better than DGS - hope I am not offending. It's North London Collegiate School so I know I will not change my mind.
Sixth form at DGGS- I'm not gonna lie, we don't get as much freedom as I would like, but for sixth form most of the teachers are really into their subjects and if you put in the work, you will get the grades! They're also very supportive with Ucas applications- I haven't heard of any sixth forms getting the same level of help and advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by themuffin96
Sixth form at DGGS- I'm not gonna lie, we don't get as much freedom as I would like, but for sixth form most of the teachers are really into their subjects and if you put in the work, you will get the grades! They're also very supportive with Ucas applications- I haven't heard of any sixth forms getting the same level of help and advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is the freedom like and what cant you do that you wouldve liked to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Erm like you're only allowed to take limited free periods off, the rest you have to be in the common room, whereas in other schools it's your choice what you do, they're also really quite strict on uniform and attendance, sounds quite understandable but when you get to 17/18, it does get irritating to be told off for having a bright item of clothing or a patterned jumper...
Original post by ranti100
North London Collegiate School - it's really good so I can't wait! But I get why you want to stay. Knowing all the teachers is a great advantage. What A -level subjects are you going to take?

Actually I think I heard you in I.T at lunch on Friday about the collegiate school. I'm hopefully taking bio, Chem, maths and philosophy & ethics. What are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Erm like you're only allowed to take limited free periods off, the rest you have to be in the common room, whereas in other schools it's your choice what you do, they're also really quite strict on uniform and attendance, sounds quite understandable but when you get to 17/18, it does get irritating to be told off for having a bright item of clothing or a patterned jumper...

i heard they're strict on the girls but not so much on the boys. you can have facial hair as a boy at dggs whereas you can't at dgs :biggrin:
Actually I think I heard you in I.T at lunch on Friday about the collegiate school. I'm hopefully taking bio, Chem, maths and philosophy & ethics. What are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I was doing A levels I would take the exact same subjects :smile: but I'm doing the IB so I'm taking Biology, Chemistry and Philosophy HL then Maths, English Lit and French SL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ranti100
If I was doing A levels I would take the exact same subjects :smile: but I'm doing the IB so I'm taking Biology, Chemistry and Philosophy HL then Maths, English Lit and French SL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow xD I swear you have to take three subjects for SL??
Have you guys got the letter of confirmation or anything like that from townley yet...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Have you guys got the letter of confirmation or anything like that from townley yet...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loooool i almost forgot about that, not yet but we should do sometime this week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71

Posted from TSR Mobile

did you get into townley? i didn't get in and neither did my friend who had 8A grades :eek::confused:
Original post by Mahel
did you get into townley? i didn't get in and neither did my friend who had 8A grades :eek::confused:

Aww, I am really sorry to hear that. Remember you could always show them your grade in August and they could reconsider;']
Original post by Mahel

Really?!? That's a bit harsh...:eek: :console: Apparently there were more than a 1000 external applicants who applied this year...Personally though I think your school is really mean for using your actual grades as your predicted grades. That was a mean trick to keep you guys in DGS :dry:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mahel

Well since I'm an internal yeah I guess I already have a place at townley. I just need to get the right grades to get into the subjects now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi?

Received 2 extra offers inc one from Chis and Sid. I know that loads from my school applied and a good 10 or more got in.

Anyone else?
Hi I
have revived an offer from chis and sid aswell but I have also have one from DGGS. Which one do you think would help me the most in terms of getting into Medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by Dr Cobbold
Hi I
have revived an offer from chis and sid aswell but I have also have one from DGGS. Which one do you think would help me the most in terms of getting into Medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dartford Grammar School for Girls ranked higher by 29 places, overall 70th in the a level 2014 results. did you not apply for dartford grammar school for boys? it's the best place out of the three for medicine because the IB really helps
Original post by Mahel
Dartford Grammar School for Girls ranked higher by 29 places, overall 70th in the a level 2014 results. did you not apply for dartford grammar school for boys? it's the best place out of the three for medicine because the IB really helps

I did infact get an offer from Dartford boys aswell but I don't want to do the IB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know by any chance how many people this year have offers for Medicine? As I have an offer to go to your school but I am going to reassess my options once I get my GCSE results and hopefully smash them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest