Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In a bit of a problem with a girl I like, quite a lot. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a position with a girl who I've been in a relationship with before, but it ended due to circumstances, we stayed friends through it but we both felt just as friends. We were a great couple, that of which movies predict and I did miss it. However that is quite a while ago, and of recent we have been meeting up a lot more and the connection is suddenly back, I know this girl so well and I can tell she is beginning to fall for me again, I can tell in the way she stares at me when I'm looking away (she doesn't realise I see her). All seems just peachy right.... Problem is: she is with another guy and this obviously sucks but I could live with it knowing she was happy, but I know she isn't. I see them and know I could treat her better, also she agrees, she knows I would do better, she tells me this when she comes round mine late at night and complains about him to me. She has on multiple occasions tried to do sexual things and has brought me to my knees to with temptation. My problem is, I am against cheating and she seems to want to stay in the relationship. What do I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Man up and take her off him. They are not married... If you're better for her then she should be with you. End of.

ReputationRep:
    Do not follow what that person has said previous, it's rude and morally wrong. If she doesn't want to be with him then it's her decision to make, don't be that 'girlfriend stealer' guy and most importantly do not engage with her sexually whilst she is still in that relationship, how would you feel if someone did that to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All is fair in love and war.

ReputationRep:
    I refuse to do things with her until she is mine or at least until she is not someone else's, that's how I've been raised and proud of it, however the waiting for her and seeing him treat her wrong is bothering me, but most of all she isn't happy in general which kills me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo'morre)
    I refuse to do things with her until she is mine or at least until she is not someone else's, that's how I've been raised and proud of it, however the waiting for her and seeing him treat her wrong is bothering me, but most of all she isn't happy in general which kills me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why don't you just ask her to leave her boyfriend for you? If she says no then tell her to not come back. Its so simple.

ReputationRep:
    I've basically done that now but I know full well If she comes to me, I won't have the will power to not help her

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What does this say about her? Going behind her boyfriends back trying to cheat. Lets say you got back together, what makes you think she won't do the same to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Direstraights)
    What does this say about her? Going behind her boyfriends back trying to cheat. Lets say you got back together, what makes you think she won't do the same to you?
    He's going to be a much better boyfriend, obviously!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adipoptosis)
    He's going to be a much better boyfriend, obviously!
    Sarcasm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Direstraights)
    Sarcasm?
    Well yes and no.

It is what all 'girlfriend stealers' would say.

But sometimes it can be true.

ReputationRep:
    You've got a fair point, but what stopped her from cheating on me the first time we were together, not much has changed between then and now, other than this guy. Also she is always so thankful that I wouldn't let her, she would hate herself if she did anything like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo'morre)
    You've got a fair point, but what stopped her from cheating on me the first time we were together, not much has changed between then and now, other than this guy. Also she is always so thankful that I wouldn't let her, she would hate herself if she did anything like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well i hope for the best. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate, hope you have a good day/night

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richpeasant)
    Do not follow what that person has said previous, it's rude and morally wrong. If she doesn't want to be with him then it's her decision to make, don't be that 'girlfriend stealer' guy and most importantly do not engage with her sexually whilst she is still in that relationship, how would you feel if someone did that to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are really struggling in the mental department aren't you. Let me allow you to have one moment of my time just so I can clarify, although I highly doubt you are worth it.

I did not say to engage sexually with her whilst she is in a relationship with him. I said take her off him. To stop the nice guy mentality that gets you nowhere, you only get what you fight for in life. Learn it.

Putting it into abstract perspective: So if your dad tells you to take a present from your mum, you'll hop into bed with your mum? no..? See how stupid you sound now.

Taking does not = sex.

Everyone deserves to be happy and if it means her being with him instead of the current boyfriend then it is worth it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.