Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do you truely think of shows like Geordie Shore.Opinions watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What do you truly think of shows like Geordie Shore .

At the start I enjoyed watching it .But afterwards realized that people become obsessed with them,I mean have a look at them on twitter.
    Is it just me or do they paint a bad picture for younger kids of what your 20s is like,like girls in secondary school will think its ok to sneak into clubs or go to house parties completely drunk end up sending the wrong signals to older men who may take advantage of them.
    Some of the girls on the show say they "enjoy being sl*gs " Really who says things like that.Piss in bins.Take a **** on the floor,vomit in each others hair
    But some of them are really thick ,Is it just trash tv
    Some girls actually look up to these people.Its sad.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy them because I recognise how awful it is. They seem like aliens to me. Certainly wouldn't look up to them as role models :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Those who actually see the girls on Geordie Shore as role models are beyond help. Watching people make fools of themselves are what is seen as entertainment these days

ReputationRep:
    I'm from there and I can't bring myself to watch it. I'd rather stay blissfully oblivious.

ReputationRep:
    I watch it for the same reason I watch Jeremy Kyle - trash TV, haha. Junk food for my eyes and ears? It's entertaining, although repetitive, obviously, but it's sad how you do find some people who try and act like that 24/7.

ReputationRep:
    Dont look them up on twitter or facebook there's 16,17,18 year olds who are obsessed with them.Heve pictures with them etc.I know its trash tv.

ReputationRep:
    I saw a footage where they were rehearsing a fight scene

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Blade)
    I saw a footage where they were rehearsing a fight scene

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Its only funny because of how sh*t it is.Some of the girls are anyways.

ReputationRep:
    I find Geordie Shore really entertaining.......

ReputationRep:
    I cringe so much my face turns inward and I need to go to A+E

ReputationRep:
    I thoroughly enjoy it. The stars are perfectly aware of what they're doing, probably only behave like that for the duration of the filming and aren't supposed to be role models.

ReputationRep:
    my guilty pleasure lol. I love it.

ReputationRep:
    Having been in the same room as some the Geordie Shore lads on more than one occasion, I can confirm that they are just as bad in real like. They are an embarrassment for the city, but that doesn't stop me from watching it every now and again.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if anyone’s is from Newcastle but I go out regularly to Newcastle’s and honestly it’s exactly how you see it on tv I can honestly say if you put me in a house with 6 of my best mates we would get up to way worse

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.