Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Women of TSR, 'Smile and cheer up'. Watch

ReputationRep:

I bet you're all smiling now aren't you?

If Ryan Gosling said this to you across the street you'd do it straight away with none of this 'omg who gives you the right to say this?' nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    My initial thought was 'this guy is not attractive but I'm clearly supposed to know who he is and find him attractive'.

My second thought was 'ohhhh, so that's Ryan Gosling'.

My third thought was 'nah'.

ReputationRep:

That is disgusting.

Scrawny-kid-to-muscular-man complex :rolleyes: It looks like a fake body. And where is his body hair? And why are his pants so tight? And his head looks too small for his body. And his face is ugh. But like his shoulders droop, yet they are muscular :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of the fact that it's Ryan Gosling, you know it's true if it was another hot celebrity male they found attractive.

P.s. smile and cheer up

ReputationRep:
    This is not going to end well :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I like how it's 7 posts in and nobody has taken the bait lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocahontas lol)
    And why are his pants so tight?
    :rofl: I know right? I used to have an almost identical pair of trousers and my thighs made them look exactly like that. For a split-second some part of my brain actually wondered 'why does he have my trousers?'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    :rofl: I know right? I used to have an almost identical pair of trousers and my thighs made them look exactly like that. For a split-second some part of my brain actually wondered 'why does he have my trousers?'.
    :mmm: lmao.

ReputationRep:
    It is hard for me to imagine a girl calling an attractive guy a creep for telling her to cheer up. I wish no-one judged people based on their appearances but I don't think that's how it is.

Try Liam Hemsworth, he's much better looking. He'd drench a girl's underwear if he said "Cheer up, luv" to them.

ReputationRep:
    Enough women have said that they don't want to be approached by strangers/addressed by strangers in the street. Regardless of what a guy looks like, he can still be perceived as creepy if he's a stranger.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Ronove)
    My initial thought was 'this guy is not attractive but I'm clearly supposed to know who he is and find him attractive'.

My second thought was 'ohhhh, so that's Ryan Gosling'.

My third thought was 'nah'.
    I'll pray for your soul.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viceroy)
    Enough women have said that they don't want to be approached by strangers/addressed by strangers in the street. Regardless of what a guy looks like, he can still be perceived as creepy if he's a stranger.
    What is this even supposed to mean?

ReputationRep:
    But would he be if the girl found him attractive, realistically? I don't think your average girl would perceive an attractive guy to be as creepy as an unattractive guy who said the same thing but I've been wrong before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    But would he be if the girl found him attractive, realistically? I don't think your average girl would perceive an attractive guy to be as creepy as an unattractive guy who said the same thing but I've been wrong before.
    Don't think that it would matter, but it might vary from person to person... As far as I can tell, wandering male eyes are creepy no matter what.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    Well, it might never happen.

Don't think that it would matter, but it might vary from person to person... As far as I can tell, wandering male eyes are creepy no matter what.

Genetic selection means in the year 2050 all male attraction to women has ceased. Humanity is on the brink. Only one man still talks to women. Ryan Gosling is... The Wanderer. Coming to cinemas near you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocahontas lol)

That is disgusting.

Scrawny-kid-to-muscular-man complex :rolleyes: It looks like a fake body. And where is his body hair? And why are his pants so tight? And his head looks too small for his body. And his face is ugh. But like his shoulders droop, yet they are muscular :confused:
    Not really 'disgusting' though is it? No need to overreact

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quinlov)
    Not really 'disgusting' though is it? No need to overreact

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is disgusting. It looks artificial. If you don't like my opinion...

:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    It just depends on the way someone says it though. A little old man at my care home said cheer up to me but he said it in a really sweet and non patronising way that it actually cheered me up. But most of the time when people say it I just get annoyed and a bit confused. Its not usually said in a creepy way though it was creepy once. But tbh it sounded like he was a bit drunk and said something about marrying a girl like me and he was like 70 so yeah.
    Even if a hot guy said cheer up, it would depend on the way he said it. If it sounded kinda patronising it would be annoying and some may even feel embarrassed.

but thanks op Ryan gosling is 👌👌

I see FAR better looking guys in my day to day life than either of the two in this thread.

And I usually need to smile LESS, not more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.