The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Medical Offer Holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CharlieNicholls
Got an offer for A104 medicine has anyone else? What accommodation are you looking at going to?

I got an offer for A104 a few weeks back ☺️ I'm looking at Oak House Fallowfields at the moment
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by emilydainton
I got an offer for A104 a few weeks back ☺️ I'm looking at Oak House Fallowfields at the moment

Congratulations! Ah okay :smile: I went for sheavyn, Richmond and Denmark :smile:
Does anyone know how you carry out the enhanced criminal record check?!

Pretty sure the uni gets one done but the receipt gets delivered to your door.

The uni will get in contact with you.

Make sure you have all the documents you need though (check the DBS website for a list).

Once it's been sent off, the DBS will send the certificate to your house and then you'll need to show it to the uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any current students living at Opal Gardens or Victoria Hall that would be willing to share some photos of the outside and a typical room etc? The pictures on the website are from like 2000 and I'd like some more up to date photos.. I live too far away to come visit in the near future.

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:
Original post by greed378
Got my offer a couple of days ago and already worrying about what accommodation to go into :colondollar:
I don't really drink much and I'm not a massive party animal so I looked into the "Lifestyle moderated areas" but I'm slightly worried that a lot of the people there might not even want to talk much and just work. I'm worried that I might not fit into either accommodation because in normal halls I'll be the weird guy who doesn't go out drinking all the time and in the work halls I'll be the annoying guy who distracts everyone when they want to work.

This is exactly me as well! I'm terrified that people will think I'm weird and boring because I don't like drinking :colondollar: I bumped into someone who's currently studying physics and she says she loves Victoria Park because it's full of nerds but there's no way I can afford VP prices. Really dunno what to do.
Has anyone received their DBS form yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Original post by 3littlebirds

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently they send it out when you firm the place.

Towards April.
Original post by zed963
Apparently they send it out when you firm the place.

Towards April.

I've already firmed it the day I got it XD (already achieved grades y'see)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
I've already firmed it the day I got it XD (already achieved grades y'see)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right, in that case they'll send them towards April after everyone has firmed etc.

It's more efficient according to them if they do it in batches rather than doing it individually.
1st Preference:Denmark Road, Ensuite Shower
2nd Preference:Victoria (UBS) Hall, Ensuite Shower
3rd Preference:Whitworth Park, Standard Bedroom

Really hope I get Denmark Road, looks the best by far.
Reply 92
Original post by Annabel Chadwick
This is exactly me as well! I'm terrified that people will think I'm weird and boring because I don't like drinking :colondollar: I bumped into someone who's currently studying physics and she says she loves Victoria Park because it's full of nerds but there's no way I can afford VP prices. Really dunno what to do.

I live in whitworth park at the moment, it's fairly cheap and literally 2 minutes from the medical school building! People do go out but there are a lot of people that don't and it's normally quiet during the week. Would definitely recommend it to any medics!
What have people put for their term time address on the health questionnaire, can you just leave it blank??
Yeah I just left it blank! I don't know some of the dates for my vaccines though and I don't know if it'll matter!
Reply 95

Posted from TSR Mobile

I phoned them up and apparently they haven't received them yet. I really need mine though as I'm travelling from this Saturday through till late August so I've got no idea how I'm going to get mine back to them
Original post by Chloef66
I phoned them up and apparently they haven't received them yet. I really need mine though as I'm travelling from this Saturday through till late August so I've got no idea how I'm going to get mine back to them

Ahhhh that seems tricky, I think it'll be in late April. You could ask someone to get your DBS and fill it for you whilst you're away under your cyber supervision but apart from that Id be out of ideas! D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Ahhhh that seems tricky, I think it'll be in late April. You could ask someone to get your DBS and fill it for you whilst you're away under your cyber supervision but apart from that Id be out of ideas! D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only problem is it has to be signed by me!
Original post by Chloef66
The only problem is it has to be signed by me!

Oh right loooool forgot about that little detail! XD I don't have anymore ideas then... Well not legitimate ones anyways :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed Manchester and applied for Denmark road and Victoria Hall as my accommodation :smile: Is anyone going to the offer holder's day on the 1st of April?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending