Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.

I'm a Scottish student and I'm currently in my second semester of third year, studying an Honours degree in business. My course is four years and I chose to do this semester abroad in America, which is where I am right now. Now that I'm here and even though I've only been here a short while, I'm starting to dread going back home and I've been thinking of doing my last year abroad - I'm open to American, Canadian and Australian Universities.

Now, the way it's been put to me is that if I left at the end of third year, I'd come out with just an ordinary Bachelors degree without honours. So If I wanted to continue studying abroad at the end of this term, would I then have to look into graduate schools as apposed to continuing a bachelors for another year here? Since honour degree courses aren't as common here, I'm just not entirely sure how this would work if I wanted to do this. I've spoken to American students on four-year courses and they're coming out with a Bachelors, whereas if I completed my four years at home in Scotland, I'd leave with a Bachelors with Honours.

If anyone can offer some insight, I'll be extremely grateful!

Thanks!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.