Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So there's four of us in our 'group' and I'm the only one who doesn't have a boyfriend, it's horrible cos I don't know how to talk to guys and I never meet guys anywhere. It's making me really upset - how do I talk to guys and where can I find someone nice?

1. Be yourself
    2. Don't show any signs of desperation
    3. If being yourself doesn't attract men, be more friendly (i.e. more accepting and less demanding of others)

Yeah it sucksss :bored:

But that's life..

i am in the situation and it does bug me quite a lot

Unless you're a total shut-in at home I find it impossible to believe you never meet guys.

The common agreement on here from thousands of threads exactly like this is that if you're not completely hideous; the issue is you either being too picky or not making any effort yourself.

You go out to bars or coffee shops or social groups or literally anywhere and start saying hello to people.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I'm confused about whats making you upset? The your friends having one and you don't or you not being able to talk to guys?

Saw a deal on Ebay for 4.99 GBP.

I don't know what your history is but I didn't have my first boyfriend until I was 19...It happened quite suddenly and unexpectedly.
    I've always felt rather awkward when it comes to guys, everything is fine if I'm not attracted to the guy but if I am, forget about it!
    I'm working to become more friendly, smile more, and such and I'm improving over time but I've also learned with the right person things will just click. So that's what I'm hoping for my next boyfriend...
    Try and see the positives in being single. If you feel comfortable with it ask your friends for tips, or if they could invite a guy for you to hang out with, platonically or not just to ease the third wheel feeling.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2015
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.