Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

I'm new to this so bear with me!
    So basically i'm trying to apply for a Wellcome Trust Biomedical Science Placement in the summer for between 6 - 8 weeks.
    I know that places are very competitive and I'm wondering anyone thats done it before whether they have some hints and tips on how they made there application stand out? At the moment i've wrote the background to my project, but i'm unsure how much detail you're meant to go in for your aims, methods etc.
    Any help would be much appreciated as i'd really love to get this placement !

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I did this scholarship in summer 2013. As far as I remember my supervisor wrote about 80% of the application, including the background to the project and all the aims etc. All he asked me to fill in was the personal statement section and my personal details. It may have changed now but I'm sure the supervisor is supposed to do that bit? I remember mine being in quite a level of detail which I probably wouldn't have been able to write at that point in uni. I'll see if I still have my application and take a look.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just checked, I do still have mine if you need an example of any parts of the app.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSD)
    Just checked, I do still have mine if you need an example of any parts of the app.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh really?? Mine has given me a brief outline of the title and aim's and things (I think he's using a project they do for masters) so he's told me to rewrite what he's given me, but it says in the application that its maximum 700 words and he has no way given me 700 words... And I have no idea how much you're meant to write for aim's, methods etc.
    Plus I've heard how competitive it is and so i'd really like to get it right!

Ah that would be great if i could take a look at yours? May give me some direction as to how to write mine.
    Thankyou so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenkimberley-)
    Oh really?? Mine has given me a brief outline of the title and aim's and things (I think he's using a project they do for masters) so he's told me to rewrite what he's given me, but it says in the application that its maximum 700 words and he has no way given me 700 words... And I have no idea how much you're meant to write for aim's, methods etc.
    Plus I've heard how competitive it is and so i'd really like to get it right!

Ah that would be great if i could take a look at yours? May give me some direction as to how to write mine.
    Thankyou so much!
    When I get home later I'll send you some of my bits in a private message

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.