Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There's this girl I speak to on my course and I don't know her that well but she asked me out for a few drinks last night. So, I was at my parents house and got a taxi back to my flat (£15) and waited until she phoned me. It took me an hour to get ready and we were supposed to be going at 8, but then she phoned and changed it to half 11. So, I waited until then and then she calls and says 'I don't feel like going now..I am too tired.' I was really annoyed and I think she could tell. Are people like this worth bothering with? Should I say anything when I see her next?:confused:

Please help. I am really confused!

Anybody.

ReputationRep:
    Be patient! People will reply, just give it a little time.

It could have been an honest mistake, unintentionally stringing you along like that. Especially as it's the first time, I'd maybe forgive and forget and try again another time.
    If it seems to be a pattern with her though, then I'd re-think if it's worth the effort and upset on your part. I had a friend who I thought I was quite close to. She was very disorganised, and so would always be late and occasionally cancelled on me. But she gradually got worse, and didn't turn up at all without even messaging me several times. It got to the point that she didn't turn up 4 times in a row, and I haven't seen her in about a year now.

I've got to the point that I can't keep changing my plans for her when she clearly doesn't want to make the effort for me. But I certainly wouldn't feel this way after just one time. Like I said, she could geniunely have not meant to do that, and be sorry, and things could go much better next time.
    Don't write her off straight away.

(Original post by Emaemmaemily)
    Be patient! People will reply, just give it a little time.

It could have been an honest mistake, unintentionally stringing you along like that. Especially as it's the first time, I'd maybe forgive and forget and try again another time.
    If it seems to be a pattern with her though, then I'd re-think if it's worth the effort and upset on your part. I had a friend who I thought I was quite close to. She was very disorganised, and so would always be late and occasionally cancelled on me. But she gradually got worse, and didn't turn up at all without even messaging me several times. It got to the point that she didn't turn up 4 times in a row, and I haven't seen her in about a year now.

I've got to the point that I can't keep changing my plans for her when she clearly doesn't want to make the effort for me. But I certainly wouldn't feel this way after just one time. Like I said, she could geniunely have not meant to do that, and be sorry, and things could go much better next time.
    Don't write her off straight away.
    Thank you. I explained that I had spent money getting back here to go out and she didn't seem that bothered. Shame as she is a nice girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you. I explained that I had spent money getting back here to go out and she didn't seem that bothered. Shame as she is a nice girl.
    Some people don't know what to say when they've put you out like that, maybe she feels really awkward because she knows it's her fault?
    Like I said, I'd give her another chance if I were you. If she does it again, then you will know not to bother with her in the future.

ReputationRep:
    It's not worth worrying for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by SHBK)
    It's not worth worrying for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, I don't think its acceptable to do that. I was upset.

ReputationRep:
    If she didn't seem that apologetic I'd be pretty annoyed tbh. I definitely wouldnt go up and talk to her first but if she came up to me said something about going out some other time I might think about it but probably not.
    If she was apologetic and wanted to make it up to me then I'd definitely forgive and forget.

She's not text me since or anything.

ReputationRep:

Everyone is telling me to forget about it but it has really annoyed me so it's hard to.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe tell her straight then!

If its annoying so much, tell her that it was uncool, however she reacts is key to whether you bother with her as a friend or not.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Mug her off m8.

ReputationRep:
    to me it would be down to her reaction, for all you know she had a huge argument with her partner and nearly broke up or a serious family crisis - but if so she should feel guilty about letting you down and apologise... if she doesn't apologise she's not worth bothering and I wouldn't put any effort into meeting her again

I think you should forgive her, but don't forget about it. She has shown through this that she clearly does not respect you. My advice would be to no longer associate with her.

ReputationRep:
    Since she hasn't shown you any regard in this matter, i wouldn't bother talking to her again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    Mug her off m8.
    Beat dat hoe. Next time u see her, make sure to show your feelings good and proper.

ReputationRep:
    She sounds like a rude cow. Just ditch her and hang out with other people. I had a friend who was always cancelling plans at literally the last minute to hang out with her bf so in the end I just told her to sod off! Go hang out with your other friends and forget her x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.