Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied to 3 courses within the same uni, because I didn't know that's unadvisable. Now, I'm thinking that it'd be best to withdraw at least one of the extra courses and apply into another university. However, I'm having trouble deciding where.

I want to study international relations and/or political science/history. Could you give me some advice on a wise choice in these subjects? Currently I've applied to Glasgow, Aberdeen and Edinburgh (Edinburgh is the one where I stupidly sent 3 applications). At the moment I've only got a conditional offer from Glasgow. I haven't finished with my finals yet so I don't know all my grades, but the ones I've got till now are pretty good (7, 7, 6, I'm not sure how to transcribe it in UK grades, either A*A*A or AAB).

So, now I need 1-2 new choices to change with the extra ones. What would you recommend in this field? I'm mostly looking at Scottish unis (because SAAS and I'm an EU student), but I might consider ones elsewhere in the UK also. If I get into Glasgow I'm probably gonna go there anyway, but I still don't like to have any dead-end extra choices in my application. A "safe choice" might also be worth considering since all the unis I've applied to are a bit hard to get into. Then again, IR/Politics isn't the easiest choice anywhere, it seems.

//Now I'm a bit embarrassed about the subject line, it should be "A UCAS choice", shouldn't it? English isn't my first language but I should know better than this if I want to study in the UK :d oop

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.