Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Canterbury Christ Church Applicants 2015 Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danni_079)
    What's ODP? I must sound really stupid but I cannot remember what it stands for! As I've said to others, be yourself and don't be too nervous, they aren't there to grill you, they just want to get a feel for who you are and why you want to do the degree. It's how they select the best candidates
    No not at all!! Pretty much no one apart from the applicants know what it is haha! It stand for operating department practice, it's all helping patients and surgeons etc I know, I have been to others and it has gone well (got my first offer yesterday yay). I guess I am just nervous because I want this one so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliebeanie)
    No not at all!! Pretty much no one apart from the applicants know what it is haha! It stand for operating department practice, it's all helping patients and surgeons etc I know, I have been to others and it has gone well (got my first offer yesterday yay). I guess I am just nervous because I want this one so much!
    Oh wow that sounds really interesting! What do you aim to do specifically career wise? Where did you get an offer for? Aww bless, it's good, maybe mention that to them if they ask if you're nervous? Have you taken a look at accommodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow that sounds really interesting! What do you aim to do specifically career wise? Where did you get an offer for? Aww bless, it's good, maybe mention that to them if they ask if you're nervous? Have you taken a look at accommodation yet?
    It is! ODPs work in three perioperative stages; anaesthetics, surgery and recovery. I am quite interested in anaesthetics so I would like to do a masters in it and think about going into that area but we will see how much I like just being an ODP first haha! I got an offer for Surrey which is my second choice, they have such a pretty campus.
    Good idea! Just what I saw at an open day. It was so nice! Best accommodation I have seen.
    It's probably on the thread.. But hat course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    It is! ODPs work in three perioperative stages; anaesthetics, surgery and recovery. I am quite interested in anaesthetics so I would like to do a masters in it and think about going into that area but we will see how much I like just being an ODP first haha! I got an offer for Surrey which is my second choice, they have such a pretty campus.
    Good idea! Just what I saw at an open day. It was so nice! Best accommodation I have seen.
    It's probably on the thread.. But hat course are you doing?
    Oh wow, that does sound interesting! Probably a really great career to get into with a lot of options. I've heard it's a lovely place but not as great for the social side of things there?
    What accommodation did you see?
    Media and Communications

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, that does sound interesting! Probably a really great career to get into with a lot of options. I've heard it's a lovely place but not as great for the social side of things there?
    What accommodation did you see?
    Media and Communications
    It is pretty exciting! Employment is basically guaranteed because it's quite a new profession as well Chatham is quite a built up area so I would imagine there's stuff to do there. I mean that's where the Medway campus is which is where I would be.. I don't know how close together it all is!! So it's the Medway accommodation I saw, it's all really new and has double beds.. How many unis give you a double bed?! Got my priorities down as I'm sure you can tell haha
    Ooo what does that involve, media is normal to me but I don't know what the communications part is!!

ReputationRep:
    It is pretty exciting! Employment is basically guaranteed because it's quite a new profession as well Chatham is quite a built up area so I would imagine there's stuff to do there. I mean that's where the Medway campus is which is where I would be.. I don't know how close together it all is!! So it's the Medway accommodation I saw, it's all really new and has double beds.. How many unis give you a double bed?! Got my priorities down as I'm sure you can tell haha
    Ooo what does that involve, media is normal to me but I don't know what the communications part is!!
    Oh it's at the Medway Campus! I live not too far from there, it's an interesting area. There's a fair bit to do, and Maidstone isn't too far where there's a huge nightlife! I think it lacks some of the main campus features but it's unique Oh I know, it's amazing, more uni's need to offer it! I think your priorities are great
    It covers a range of things, so journalism, Public Relations, Advertising, Handling the Media and the Public. It's a great subject!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I've been offered an unconditional place on the English Literature and History course

ReputationRep:
    Oh it's at the Medway Campus! I live not too far from there, it's an interesting area. There's a fair bit to do, and Maidstone isn't too far where there's a huge nightlife! I think it lacks some of the main campus features but it's unique Oh I know, it's amazing, more uni's need to offer it! I think your priorities are great
    It covers a range of things, so journalism, Public Relations, Advertising, Handling the Media and the Public. It's a great subject!
    That's good! I won't be bored then! In the bit of free time I will have haha. It's nicer than other unis I have been to where the course is on the main campus so I am pretty happy Why thank you! I've got it aaaaall sorted
    Oh that does sound really interesting, I love stuff like that. I like my course because you get the sciencey non-peopley side as well as the public side, best of both worlds! Sounds like you'll be busy in your course

(Original post by ruthsalts)
    Hi all, I've been offered an unconditional place on the English Literature and History course
    Congrats! I love English lit And history but I was never very good at it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthsalts)
    Congrats! Is Canterbury going to be your firm?

That's good! I won't be bored then! In the bit of free time I will have haha. It's nicer than other unis I have been to where the course is on the main campus so I am pretty happy Why thank you! I've got it aaaaall sorted
    Oh that does sound really interesting, I love stuff like that. I like my course because you get the sciencey non-peopley side as well as the public side, best of both worlds! Sounds like you'll be busy in your course
    Oh definitely not, Canterbury has a smaller, community feel to it and I think that's why people love it so much! I'm really excited actually, I will be indeed, yours too! It'll be full of placements, very practical which is great!

ReputationRep:
    Applied for two courses: Adult Nursing and Diagnostic Radiography

ReputationRep:
    Hiya guys, I've received an unconditional for Adult Nursing I'm planning on living out but I'm clueless accommodation wise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammfarrell)
    Hiya guys, I've received an unconditional for Adult Nursing I'm planning on living out but I'm clueless accommodation wise!
    Oh wow congrats!! what campus is that at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow congrats!! what campus is that at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd be studying at the Canterbury campus I was able to look around the city whilst I was there for my interview, but I didn't get a chance to look at the accommodation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammfarrell)
    I'd be studying at the Canterbury campus I was able to look around the city whilst I was there for my interview, but I didn't get a chance to look at the accommodation
    Aww okay! Are you going to the applicant day on the 18th? I can recommend lanfranc, pin hill and St George's!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! Is Canterbury going to be your firm?

Oh definitely not, Canterbury has a smaller, community feel to it and I think that's why people love it so much! I'm really excited actually, I will be indeed, yours too! It'll be full of placements, very practical which is great!
    Yes definitely, I love it there! The location is probably most important to me.. I can't imagine living somewhere for 3 years that's going to get me down because of the surrounding area. I'm excited too! I am so excited about placements ^^

ReputationRep:
    Yes definitely, I love it there! The location is probably most important to me.. I can't imagine living somewhere for 3 years that's going to get me down because of the surrounding area. I'm excited too! I am so excited about placements ^^
    Ah good! I can't recommend it enough, it's such a lovely place! That's a great outlook to have, I can imagine! I would be too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aww okay! Are you going to the applicant day on the 18th? I can recommend lanfranc, pin hill and St George's!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey guys, I have an interview coming up and i was wondering if you could please give me some tips. And also how the maths and english test is plus the group and individual interview. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee_17)
    Hey guys, I have an interview coming up and i was wondering if you could please give me some tips. And also how the maths and english test is plus the group and individual interview. Thank you
    Be yourself! I don't know much about the interview I'm afraid, what's the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Adult Nursing

ReputationRep:
    They will probably just ask why you want to do the course and why you think you'll be good at it etc, as for the tests I would guess it's to assess your basic maths and English!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Liquorice: Love it, or loathe it?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.