The Student Room Group

Anybody that got offers from Uni of Sheffield?!

Hi,

I just want to know, has anybody last year got into sheffield uni with less grades than their offer?! OR anybody been offered a place with lower grades than the entry requirements for that course?

I've applied for Economics and French and they've offered me AAB conditional on AA (I'm resitting). But I'm no longer resitting 1 exam so max I can get is A*BB/ABB
Original post by izzycawthorne
Hi,

I just want to know, has anybody last year got into sheffield uni with less grades than their offer?! OR anybody been offered a place with lower grades than the entry requirements for that course?

I've applied for Economics and French and they've offered me AAB conditional on AA (I'm resitting). But I'm no longer resitting 1 exam so max I can get is A*BB/ABB

If you are no longer resitting the exam, you must inform Ucas and the universities. They are then entitled to change or remove their offer if they so wish. If this makes it impossible for you to achieve the offer, then you should tell them. Not sitting an exam you have declared in your application is regarded as fraudulently applying, if they wanted to go down that route. They have given you an offer in good faith on the basis of what you have declared and you have changed the terms of the application. I'd sit the exam if I were you - it makes life a lot less complicated.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
If you are no longer resitting the exam, you must inform Ucas and the universities. They are then entitled to change or remove their offer if they so wish. If this makes it impossible for you to achieve the offer, then you should tell them. Not sitting an exam you have declared in your application is regarded as fraudulently applying, if they wanted to go down that route. They have given you an offer in good faith on the basis of what you have declared and you have changed the terms of the application. I'd sit the exam if I were you - it makes life a lot less complicated.

I haven't 'fraudulently' applied. Both UCAS and the university know. I'm not resitting the exam as I live in France at the moment and I can't revise properly. I have an unconditional from Glasgow but don't want to have just one option.
Original post by izzycawthorne
I haven't 'fraudulently' applied. Both UCAS and the university know. I'm not resitting the exam as I live in France at the moment and I can't revise properly. I have an unconditional from Glasgow but don't want to have just one option.

If you have informed them, then that's ok. If you don't, then it is regarded as fraud. If they know that it is impossible for you to meet their offer then you need to have a conversation with them about how flexible they are prepared to be. You might as well know now, and so might they.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending