Detny
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Share your favourite poet or writer and why do you like him/her ? What are the main themes in their creation work?
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Tom Holt is my favourite author. He writes comic fantasy, a bit like Terry Pratchett but in my opinion much better. The Portable Door series is just awesome.
turn-to-page394
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
atm, Markus Zusak.

Extremely biased and uninformed view seeing as I've only read The Book Thief - that is how much I love that book.

Going to read more of his books. Any recs?
Ninja_Master9000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Quote into Tolkien some great stories there
Ninja_Master9000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What about you]
Detny
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ninja_Master9000)
What about you]
My favourite authors are Agatha Christie and Thomas Harris, especially "Red Dragon" by T. Harris that is not only novel but also a film and tv series ("Hannibal"). So, I am totally obsessed by them
Detny
Rep:
?
(Original post by turn-to-page394)
atm, Markus Zusak.

Extremely biased and uninformed view seeing as I've only read The Book Thief - that is how much I love that book.

Well, I haven't read any of his books (shame) but maybe now I will read even "The book of thief" (sounds interesting). What I can recommend.. maybe another great book written by him that won a lot of awards (I googled ) "The Messenger" sounds thrilling
crozibear96
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
atm, Markus Zusak.

Literally just about to reply with something like this before I decided to scroll through the replies.

Markus Zusak, although only read The Book Thief. It's just.. Gah. <3 I think he has a book called The Messenger and I really wanna read it!
turn-to-page394
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Detny)
Well, I haven't read any of his books (shame) but maybe now I will read even "The book of thief" (sounds interesting). What I can recommend.. maybe another great book written by him that won a lot of awards (I googled ) "The Messenger" sounds thrilling
Ahaha, yeah you should It's a really good book. (btw, its The Book Thief :P)

And yeah, I googled as well - adding it to my reading list - seems like a book I'll enjoy! Thanks
turn-to-page394
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by crozibear96)
Literally just about to reply with something like this before I decided to scroll through the replies.

Markus Zusak, although only read The Book Thief. It's just.. Gah. <3 I think he has a book called The Messenger and I really wanna read it!
See my comment above (aka below your post) - I want to read it so bad too now - urgh, gotta wait till after my mocks - otherwise the procratination will be unreal!

Great minds think alike. :P

(The book thief though... It hurt my heart. Like... why....I won't start - otherwise I'll end up ranting. :rolleyes:)
crozibear96
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
See my comment above (aka below your post) - I want to read it so bad too now - urgh, gotta wait till after my mocks - otherwise the procratination will be unreal!

Great minds think alike. :P

(The book thief though... It hurt my heart. Like... why....I won't start - otherwise I'll end up ranting. :rolleyes:)
Same! I'm planning on reading it after my summer exams. It'll give me the motivation I need to get through the exams!

So, so sad. And the film... Argh! :'(
turn-to-page394
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Same! I'm planning on reading it after my summer exams. It'll give me the motivation I need to get through the exams!

So, so sad. And the film... Argh! :'(
The book is so much better though! - still enjoyed the film but yeah... I loved the layout of the book, like the chapter 'summary' things and Death's anecdotes. It was a bit lacking in the film but yeah, it was still

:eek: I don't think I could wait until summer - the pain! I'm ultra impatient. - probz better to read the book than pine after it - everyones different though and I can see your plan as being great motivation Hope you do well!
turn-to-page394
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Detny)
My favourite authors are Agatha Christie and Thomas Harris, especially "Red Dragon" by T. Harris that is not only novel but also a film and tv series ("Hannibal"). So, I am totally obsessed by them
Just noticed this post : and wanted to say: yaaaas, Agatha Christie is amazing. Obsessed with Poirot - Marple doesn't appeal as much. You?
Gax
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lee Child, James Rollins, Steve Feasey :cool:
Detny
Rep:
?
Just noticed this post : and wanted to say: yaaaas, Agatha Christie is amazing. Obsessed with Poirot - Marple doesn't appeal as much. You?
Yes yes ) I just love all her novel but especially "A pocket full of rye". Just excellent, loved the poem in book according the killing was done, brilliant, totally recommend everyone to read this one
crozibear96
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The book is so much better though! - still enjoyed the film but yeah... I loved the layout of the book, like the chapter 'summary' things and Death's anecdotes. It was a bit lacking in the film but yeah, it was still

:eek: I don't think I could wait until summer - the pain! I'm ultra impatient. - probz better to read the book than pine after it - everyones different though and I can see your plan as being great motivation Hope you do well!
Definitely, the book is better. From the first line, you're just... You're hooked! It's sooooo good!
Thanks, you too!
turn-to-page394
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Detny)
Yes yes ) I just love all her novel but especially "A pocket full of rye". Just excellent, loved the poem in book according the killing was done, brilliant, totally recommend everyone to read this one
haven't heard of this one! :eek: to be fair, I got into them when helping out at the library and there were loads that the librarian had just got and I was like, why not? pocket full of rye wasn't one of them. Thanks for yet another recommendation. You're amazing at knowing what books I subconsciously want to read.
Detny
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gax)
Lee Child, James Rollins, Steve Feasey :cool:
Interesting, I am intrigued by Lee Child, look alike my genre of books
Detny
Rep:
?
haven't heard of this one! :eek: to be fair, I got into them when helping out at the library and there were loads that the librarian had just got and I was like, why not? pocket full of rye wasn't one of them. Thanks for yet another recommendation. You're amazing at knowing what books I subconsciously want to read.
Well you're welcome, its nice to recommend something you like to someone who likes it too
turn-to-page394
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Definitely, the book is better. From the first line, you're just... You're hooked! It's sooooo good!
Thanks, you too!
Thanks.

Have yet to find someone who hasn't enjoyed the book thief. The amazingness of that book.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
55.75%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed