Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Favourite writer watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Share your favourite poet or writer and why do you like him/her ? What are the main themes in their creation work?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Tom Holt is my favourite author. He writes comic fantasy, a bit like Terry Pratchett but in my opinion much better. The Portable Door series is just awesome.

ReputationRep:
    atm, Markus Zusak.

Extremely biased and uninformed view seeing as I've only read The Book Thief - that is how much I love that book.

Going to read more of his books. Any recs?

ReputationRep:
    Quote into Tolkien some great stories there

ReputationRep:
    What about you]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja_Master9000)
    What about you]
    My favourite authors are Agatha Christie and Thomas Harris, especially "Red Dragon" by T. Harris that is not only novel but also a film and tv series ("Hannibal"). So, I am totally obsessed by them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    atm, Markus Zusak.

Extremely biased and uninformed view seeing as I've only read The Book Thief - that is how much I love that book.

Well, I haven't read any of his books (shame) but maybe now I will read even "The book of thief" (sounds interesting). What I can recommend.. maybe another great book written by him that won a lot of awards (I googled ) "The Messenger" sounds thrilling

ReputationRep:
    atm, Markus Zusak.

Literally just about to reply with something like this before I decided to scroll through the replies.

Markus Zusak, although only read The Book Thief. It's just.. Gah. <3 I think he has a book called The Messenger and I really wanna read it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Detny)
    Well, I haven't read any of his books (shame) but maybe now I will read even "The book of thief" (sounds interesting). What I can recommend.. maybe another great book written by him that won a lot of awards (I googled ) "The Messenger" sounds thrilling
    Ahaha, yeah you should It's a really good book. (btw, its The Book Thief :P)

And yeah, I googled as well - adding it to my reading list - seems like a book I'll enjoy! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crozibear96)
    Literally just about to reply with something like this before I decided to scroll through the replies.

Markus Zusak, although only read The Book Thief. It's just.. Gah. <3 I think he has a book called The Messenger and I really wanna read it!
    See my comment above (aka below your post) - I want to read it so bad too now - urgh, gotta wait till after my mocks - otherwise the procratination will be unreal!

Great minds think alike. :P

(The book thief though... It hurt my heart. Like... why....I won't start - otherwise I'll end up ranting. :rolleyes:)

ReputationRep:
    See my comment above (aka below your post) - I want to read it so bad too now - urgh, gotta wait till after my mocks - otherwise the procratination will be unreal!

Great minds think alike. :P

(The book thief though... It hurt my heart. Like... why....I won't start - otherwise I'll end up ranting. :rolleyes:)
    Same! I'm planning on reading it after my summer exams. It'll give me the motivation I need to get through the exams!

So, so sad. And the film... Argh! :'(

ReputationRep:
    Same! I'm planning on reading it after my summer exams. It'll give me the motivation I need to get through the exams!

So, so sad. And the film... Argh! :'(
    The book is so much better though! - still enjoyed the film but yeah... I loved the layout of the book, like the chapter 'summary' things and Death's anecdotes. It was a bit lacking in the film but yeah, it was still

:eek: I don't think I could wait until summer - the pain! I'm ultra impatient. - probz better to read the book than pine after it - everyones different though and I can see your plan as being great motivation Hope you do well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Detny)
    My favourite authors are Agatha Christie and Thomas Harris, especially "Red Dragon" by T. Harris that is not only novel but also a film and tv series ("Hannibal"). So, I am totally obsessed by them
    Just noticed this post : and wanted to say: yaaaas, Agatha Christie is amazing. Obsessed with Poirot - Marple doesn't appeal as much. You?

ReputationRep:
    Lee Child, James Rollins, Steve Feasey :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed this post : and wanted to say: yaaaas, Agatha Christie is amazing. Obsessed with Poirot - Marple doesn't appeal as much. You?
    Yes yes ) I just love all her novel but especially "A pocket full of rye". Just excellent, loved the poem in book according the killing was done, brilliant, totally recommend everyone to read this one

ReputationRep:
    The book is so much better though! - still enjoyed the film but yeah... I loved the layout of the book, like the chapter 'summary' things and Death's anecdotes. It was a bit lacking in the film but yeah, it was still

:eek: I don't think I could wait until summer - the pain! I'm ultra impatient. - probz better to read the book than pine after it - everyones different though and I can see your plan as being great motivation Hope you do well!
    Definitely, the book is better. From the first line, you're just... You're hooked! It's sooooo good!
    Thanks, you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Detny)
    Yes yes ) I just love all her novel but especially "A pocket full of rye". Just excellent, loved the poem in book according the killing was done, brilliant, totally recommend everyone to read this one
    haven't heard of this one! :eek: to be fair, I got into them when helping out at the library and there were loads that the librarian had just got and I was like, why not? pocket full of rye wasn't one of them. Thanks for yet another recommendation. You're amazing at knowing what books I subconsciously want to read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gax)
    Lee Child, James Rollins, Steve Feasey :cool:
    Interesting, I am intrigued by Lee Child, look alike my genre of books

ReputationRep:
    haven't heard of this one! :eek: to be fair, I got into them when helping out at the library and there were loads that the librarian had just got and I was like, why not? pocket full of rye wasn't one of them. Thanks for yet another recommendation. You're amazing at knowing what books I subconsciously want to read.
    Well you're welcome, its nice to recommend something you like to someone who likes it too

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, the book is better. From the first line, you're just... You're hooked! It's sooooo good!
    Thanks, you too!
    Thanks.

Have yet to find someone who hasn't enjoyed the book thief. The amazingness of that book.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.